Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-27 VAD506

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-27 VAD506

After looking at all of the video's of the TD-27 VAD506 and 503 I have noticed that the cymbal stand's where you adjust the angle of the cymbal (right under the cymbal) looks toothed in stead of Ball mount as most all of Rolands upper line kits are now. I thought Roland with the it's Ball mount angle adjustment had moved beyond the 80's toothed andjustment. Let's hope they sell it with the ball/mount type and not the OLD style stuff they had left on the shelf. Anyone else notice this? If true , that would suck. Ball mount is the way to go. Toothed is NOT as adjustable concidering OLD style toothed arm you would have two adjustments to make (Boom arm adjustment AND Cymbal angle adjustment) to get a good playing angle. And then at that , sometimes you can't get the correct angle you want at all considering (roll, yaw and pitch) after you have made your height adjustment. I had this problem with toothed cymbal stands on my old TD-20KV kit. Toothed adjustment cymbal arms suck. IHMO. If true and I were to buy this kit, that's the first thing I would change.

The kit however looks awesome.
Working...
X