Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD12: Using hi hat output for new pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12: Using hi hat output for new pad

Hi, I have TD12 drum module (kind of old, but very reliable). I want to use the existing hi-hat outputs (2 jacks, "Hi-Hat", and "HH CTRL") which I'm no longer using for a new pad. When I cycle through the sound module menu on the Hi Hat output for selection of sounds, drum types are available and can be selected (ie; 8" Roto Tom). However, when I plug an existing drum pad into either of the above 2 jacks, no sound is produced. Has anyone out there figured out how to use one of these two jacks (or both?) to use as a drum sound for a new pad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will only be able to use the Hi-Hat Jack. Not the HH CTRL Jack.
    You need to go to the Trigger Bank. See P.44 of the Owner's Manual.
    You will need to change Trigger 6 to some other Pad type.

Comment

tkydon, thank you so much. I did the changes as you noted. It feels like I'm getting closer. I successfully changed the H6 Hi Hat trigger to a PD85 pad in "Triggers". I then made that pad a "Roto 8" in "Instruments". Still no sound. However, when you hit the pad that I have the H6 trigger plugged into, The H6 trigger indicates it's playing something when you view the "Scan" portion of the "Advanced" page within "Triggers" (each time I hit the pad, a new bar was created on the graph). See photos. Any other ideas? Again, any help would be very much appreciated.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have access to my module right now to test.

Instead of the Roto 8, can you select a Hi-Hat Instrument and see what happens. Do you get any sound? Open Sound? Closed Sound?

Do you have a Hi-Hat Controller that you can plug in to HH-CTRL Input and see if anything changes when you have it open or closed?

Can you try Trigger Setting
        PD-80
        PD-9
        PD-8
        PD-7

The PD-85 is a Dual Piezo pad, but I think the Hi-Hat Trigger may only support Piezo-Switch type Pads.

It might be easier to purchase an eDRUMin (4 ports) or other TMC and connect it to the MIDI-IN

Comment

Again, thank you for the quick reply. I'll try your follow up suggestions. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X