Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Medeli DD-505d cymbals - Low sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medeli DD-505d cymbals - Low sensitivity

I'm newbie on this area. I have a medeli dd505d drum (ok, i know, is a junk) and the cymbals sensitivity is very bad. I took one of them to change the piezo element, but even after adding a new one, the sensitivity didn't improve anything, in fact, it got worse ... how to improve the sensitivity of these cymbals? There is some way to get a better sensibility (type of piezo, glue, some sorcery, etc). Reinforcing: drums upgrade is not possible, for while

Interestingly, I realized today that the plastic side of the cymbal (not the rubber side where we should hit it) is much more sensitive and is working perfectly. What could be happening to the rubber side? Is it dampening the vibrations too much? Is there anything that can correct this strange functioning? Any help will be highly appreciated

Comment

Glue just half (or less) of the piezo's surface to the cymbal, leaving the rest 'floating'. This lets it vibrate more easily.

Comment

Thanks for the good tip! What do you think can be better: glue the inner (slightly whitish) part of the piezo or just the outer part (metallic)?

Comment

Working...
        X