Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Ride that you can crash on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride that you can crash on?

I'm in the middle of an A2E conversion and have a TD17L module.

I most often, use my ride to crash on for dynamics (usually during the chorus of a song) mostly because I have a minimal just hi-hat and ride cymbal set up. Do I need to consider a 3 zone ride cymbal or even a ride version of Roland's CY's at all? I rarely if ever play the bell so all I'm looking for is that washy crash sound from the edge and the ting of the bow. Choking the cymbal also isn't something I'm too worried about.

Thanks for the help and any suggestions of cymbals that would work for that type of playing are greatly appreciated!

if you don’t need a bell, then any two-zone cymbal (bow and edge) should be fine. since you have a roland module, pretty much any roland cymbal except some versions of the cy5 should be fine
    Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Thanks jackodrum appreciate the help!

Comment

if you don't use the bell, a used cy-14 would be fine for bow/edge.. they're not that expensive..
        if you buy distant.. ask for written guarantee on 'no choking' false triggering, and 100% ok,
        or you're going to have to take it apart, etc..
        Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Working...
        X