Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Very Specific Midi Issues with Alesis Nitro Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Specific Midi Issues with Alesis Nitro Kit

I've hooked up my brand new Nitro kit to my computer, and the midi works perfect for about a minute until all input just drops entirely. I've tested on MIDI-OX and Phase Shift, and no input is being sent after this initial grace period. I tried a laptop rather than my main PC to similar effect. So, I just got the cord today, a standard USB 2.0 15' one, did I need to buy the USB 3.0 cord? Any setting in the module that might be causing this? Does my computer need some sort of driver? The laptop has no peripherals connected and had the exact same result. If I unplug and replug the usb it will again work for about a minute before becoming unresponsive.

See attached link for a correspondence that goes into more detail, but I've tried three separate PC's, Phase Shift Melodics and MIDI-OX to same effect, and all USB ports.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/alesis/t...-minute-or-two

Has anyone been able to solve something like this?

Try another cable has to be the first and simplest step.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE: Get a shorter cord! The Nitro Kit very specifically doesn't like 15' cords; I've seen this issue resolved by others the same way. My 6ft cord works fine, and the 15' works with other things BUT NOT THE NITRO KIT.

Comment

Working...
      X