Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ATV 18" RIDE NOT TRIGGERING w/ MIMIC PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV 18" RIDE NOT TRIGGERING w/ MIMIC PRO

I recently re-wired my kit and did my best to hide the wires in the rack tubes. I just noticed my ride is not triggering properly. I do not have crash or mute. It's set to a Roland 15R with a Mimic Pro. The wires are Drum-Tec TRS. I switched my 16" crash to the ride outputs and it's the same thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

​​​​​
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by J510 View Post
    I recently re-wired my kit and did my best to hide the wires in the rack tubes. I just noticed my ride is not triggering properly. I do not have crash or mute. It's set to a Roland 15R with a Mimic Pro. The wires are Drum-Tec TRS. I switched my 16" crash to the ride outputs and it's the same thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

​​​​​
    Since you rewired, make sure you plugged on the same input as it was before, Atv ride cup input to on Ride1 input on mimic, atv ride crash to Ride2 input in mimic. Also use a cable, that works already on your existent kit for crash, do not use the ride cable might be the issue just in case.

Make sure input gain is at 14, capture top velocity 5 time, for bow\edge\crash zone, also make sure you do cross-talk suppression at the end. If still issue, change a kit to default for testing, or download atv preset here https://www.mimicpro.com/tpreset.html
    Last edited by Chris K; 04-15-20, 02:13 PM.

Comment

that is a weeiirrddd drum rack
      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by J510 View Post

​​​​​
        It would seem you forgot to put cables in. Problem solved

Looks really good. I had a similar gretch with a similar rack a few years ago when I was into that style. I'm more into a no rack, minimal setup nowadays.

Comment

The way you've got rack tubes as cymbal mounts is completely OTT I love it hahah.

Make sure you've pushed the jacks in fully, also clean the ends with alcohol or use WD40 Contact Cleaner to spray inside the TRS sockets.
          Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 04-15-20, 02:16 PM.
          ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
          ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
          PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

I have Drum-tec clear cables also. Some of them need to be backed out of the module jack ever so slightly to work. Some other users here buy o-rings to solve this.
            ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
              I have Drum-tec clear cables also. Some of them need to be backed out of the module jack ever so slightly to work. Some other users here buy o-rings to solve this.
              Yes like here
              https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...21#post1223021

Comment

Working...
              X