Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Ride and base drum both play through base drum beater:TD9 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride and base drum both play through base drum beater:TD9 kit

Hi,

i am new new to this forum and really hope someone in the community can help me as I have tried a few things and am running out of options.

I have a fairly old Roland TD9 electronic drum kit.

It still works really well except for my ride (not the bell).

I don’t get any sound from the ride (but I do from the bell) however the ride sound comes through with my base drum pedal at the same time.

Ive tried resetting the factory settings, swapping the cabling, using a different ride, using a different Jack input. All to no avail.

Any suggestions very wecome.

Cheers,
    mike

the only similar issue i’ve had with my td9 was with the hi-hat, and it turned out the cable wasn’t completely plugged in so i was getting occasional weird crosstalk. very simple fix in my case - just make sure everything was plugged in correctly and firmly - but it sounds like you’ve covered that possibility.

when you hit each pad, a little symbol pops up on the module screen. S for snare, K for kick, R for ride etc. check what symbols come up when you hit the bass drum and the ride (and everything else). it might just be a matter of going into the module and setting the voicing on the ride / kick. that's a bit finicky but mostly intuitive once you get in there and the manual has clear instructions.

tbh i doubt this is ur problem but it’s worth ruling out. it sounds more like crosstalk or cabling issue but it sounds like you’ve ruled those out. it could be a problem with the cable snake but i’ve never heard of people having problems with them - have u checked that’s plugged in to the module firmly?

also, separately, you could try using a different cable and plugging the bow/edge of the ride into the aux input to test whether it actually works.
    Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Great idea re the Aux! Firstly though to answer some of your questions / comments: I’ve tried a different loom cable set and the kit does exactly the same thing so unless I’m not connecting both cables to the brain properly I can rule out cable and connection. (Btw,since your reply, I have unattached and reattached the cable just to make sure ). When I look at my trigs on the module, as you might suspect, any sound on the base drum is registering as CY12CR. However, interestingly, when I have done what you suggest and use my amp lead to connect my CY12CR to the Aux on my module two things happen. 1sly the ride sound does not occur when I hit the base and the trig shows as kds (unless I hit it really hard) instead of CY12CR (yah!) 2ndly the ride plays a deep floor sound no matter what I have the trig type setting at (bizzar!). Please keep the questions and suggestions coming as I think I am getting closer to isolating the problem. I’m not that great at playing with the settings so if I have to manually override something I will probably need some specific help. Thanks so much.

Comment

i’ve probably given about as much help as i can. the manual is quite clear and the menus and settings pretty intuitive so you shouldn’t have too much trouble if it is fixable in the module
        Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

jackodrum Thanks. Anyone else able to help?

Comment

Working...
          X