Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland TD-6V update hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-6V update hanging

Hi guys

I'm new around here, and come with a very specific issue, that i really hope has some kind of fix to it.

So I have a Roland TD-6V, and bought a midi cable to try to connect it to the PC. However sometime around this process i learned that there was an update for my module, so I downloaded the files. Started following the instructions in the README file, and got to the point where you are supposed to play the files for them to be received in the module. HOWEVER, and this is where it has gone wrong, the PC never actually recognized the module as a drum module or a specific connection, it just recognized "some" USB connection, so no actual information is being passed from one side to the other.

So to make it short, my module is now on perpetuous update mode, and I can't reverse it, and can't connect the module to the PC either, to try to complete the process. I turned it off and on again and again, different lights come up, nothing on the display, although the backlight is on. (if I turn it off I can follow the same update steps again, but to the same result)

Does anyone know if there is a way to make it go back to it's normal state? Maybe some key combination to make this process stop or reverse it?

Thanks in advance guys.

isn't the updatejust to update the TD-6 to the equivalent of TD-6v?
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

As far as I understood, there is an update for the TD-6V, which basically consists of 32 midi files, adding some more sounds to the sound bank. I actually might have found out that I actually have a TD-6, and not a TD-6V. When I bought it (second hand), the box said TD-6V, so I always throught that that's the one I have but looking now to the module a bit closer, it actually says TD-6... :\

Anyway, after searching online, it might be the cable that is not very good, it is a cheap one, so I'm gonna order a more decent one (the UNO USB-MIDI has been referenced in some forums, so going to order this one, and see what happens).

Comment

pretty sure the TD-6's are all blue/navy and the 6v's were black (mine was). also had zero luck with a cheapo midi to usb cable, didn't work at all, had to get a roland um-one. it's been a while since i've used it but i think i was having an issue installing the update (following sequence of buttons in instructions would not produce the results indicated) on it as well and then when i checked the version it was already on it
        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
        X