Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

MimicPro Midi Grooves

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MimicPro Midi Grooves

    Hi to the Mimicans out there!!
    Any Idea where I con find some MIDI Grooves in the correct setting for playing them back on a Mimic Pro?
    It is very annoying that the Mimic doesn't have a Soundcheck-Function like the TD-30.
    I want to do some Soundtweaking and now I have to do this by connecting the module to a DAW via Midi.
    I tried dragging and dropping some Midi Grooves form Superior to Reaper, but they sound quite weird when played back by the Mimic.
    So, does anybody know a way or workaround?
    Thankful for every advice

    Cheers Ilja

  • #2
    You’re best off recording a small performance of your own playing.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      You’re best off recording a small performance of your own playing.
      You are surely right, but that's the problem . . . . I can't set up my drumset in my flat or drag my computer to the storageroom for recording
      So I thought there might be another way. Maybe recording some grooves from SSD5 (same Company might help?) to Reaper??

      Comment


      • #4
        Record one in the sound check and loop it. Ssd5 is just a vsti just like any other so is no different. If midi sounds odd from these programs then use you module at home with headphones on and send midi to the module and change note numbers on the sending device until they match the sounds in the mimic. Once you have this right record it.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe someone here can record you a minute of midi, but it may not match your dynamics, style, or setup.

          The main issue you’re going to run into with trying to create something yourself is mis-mapping. The Mimic has its own custom mapping. You can go into the settings and change this, but moving your computer is probably far, FAR, less work. lol
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mkok View Post
            Record one in the sound check and loop it. Ssd5 is just a vsti just like any other so is no different. If midi sounds odd from these programs then use you module at home with headphones on and send midi to the module and change note numbers on the sending device until they match the sounds in the mimic. Once you have this right record it.
            You mean I should do a recording while tapping on the screen to find out which midinotes are send form Mimic? Then grab another complex Midigroove from SD3 and transform the Midinotes to the scheme of the Mimic? Man that's a looooong way, but might work . . . . . thanks for your advice.
            by the way . . . beautiful dog as avatar
            Last edited by Colognedrummer; 03-24-20, 04:46 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
              Maybe someone here can record you a minute of midi, but it may not match your dynamics, style, or setup.

              The main issue you’re going to run into with trying to create something yourself is mis-mapping. The Mimic has its own custom mapping. You can go into the settings and change this, but moving your computer is probably far, FAR, less work. lol
              Yeah that's what i thought too to get someones Midi, but you are right . . . this won't reproduce my sound.
              I think I really have to carry my PC to the storageroom and do some recording . . . . . .

              Thanks Alan

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Colognedrummer View Post

                You mean I should do a recording while tapping on the screen to find out which midinotes are send form Mimic? Then grab another complex Midigroove from SD3 and transform the Midinotes to the scheme of the Mimic? Man that's a looooong way, but might work . . . . . thanks for your advice.
                by the way . . . beautiful dog as avatar

                ‘yes she’s a lovely dog

                what I was thinking is you could just record a couple of minutes performance in the sound check next time you gig and then use that. Editing the midi is not that hard though and you would only need to bring your module home.

                anyway good luck and let us know how you get on
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

                Comment

                Working...
                X