Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Td17 KVX updating software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td17 KVX updating software

Hy,I'm writing from modena (the home of ferrari), i just bought a roland td17 KVX and i'm having fun waiting for the quarantine to end due to Covid19 which is becoming a serious problem
    So I'm not very expert in sound modules...software etc. so I ask you for help because I can't update my drum with the latest software.
    I downloaded the driver from the roland website and installed the "td17_UPA.BIN" file on the sd card but when I put it in the module it doesn't read it ... it doesn't see it
    where am i wrong? do I have to save the update in a specific sd card folder? (Import ... roland ...)
    many thanks for the help
    I wish you all to be well!

Hi, TD17_UPA.BIN must be copied to root (top) folder of your SD card. Please remember to eject your card before disconnecting it from your PC.

td-17_card.png
    Check the current version of your module's firmware before proceeding with the update. If it's v.1.01 then your module is up to date.

If you need to update then, please follow these steps (as per Roland's instructions):
    1. Copy the update-use file ( TD17_UPA.BIN ) to the root directory of the SD Card.
    2. Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then insert the SD Card to the SD CARD slot.
    3. Hold down the [ REC ] button and turn on the power.
    4. When the message "=== update ===" appears, release the button.
      The update starts.
      * You will take about 5 minutes to update. Be sure never to switch off the power before the operation finishes.
    5. When the message "update finished." is displayed, the operation has finished.
    6. Turn off the power.
    7. Detach the SD Card, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.
    Hope this helps.

PS:
    I'm in the UK, waiting for this COVID-19 to peak here. I hope it won't be as bad as in Italy... I wish all the best for you and your loved ones.
    Last edited by 8thnotepete; 03-23-20, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks man i did it!!!
      thank you so much

Comment

Hi,
        I have a new TD17KV drum kit and the firmware version is 1.02 (26). And, on Roland website, only 1.01 is mentionned.
        New firmware or ???
        Have someone an explaination ?
        Many thanks for helping me

Comment

Originally posted by gyatso38 View Post
          Hi,
          I have a new TD17KV drum kit and the firmware version is 1.02 (26). And, on Roland website, only 1.01 is mentionned.
          New firmware or ???
          Have someone an explaination ?
          Many thanks for helping me
          Yeah, looks like some newer shipments have a new firmware on them that hasn't been released online yet. Appears to have the trigger settings for the new VAD306 pads on it so I imagine it'll be put up by the time the VAD kits ship. Don't know if there's any other changes but it's unlikely anything more than the trigger settings and possibly vague big fixes.
          The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Maybe everyone else who owns a TD-17 module is aware of this but I just found today a link to the TD-17 1.02 firmware update.... (For some reason I could not find it on my normal Canadian Roland site)

https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...oduct/td-17kvx

Version history
            [ Ver.1.02 ] SEP 2020
            • Support for new drum pads was added.
            Bug Fixes
            The following bugs were fixed

The curve characteristics for VOLUME were corrected.
            • Under certain conditions, user samples failed to be previewed correctly.

I updated my TD-17 as I have ordered a Roland CY-16-RT to replace the 13” ride that came with the KVX kit. The 1.02 firmware has added this new cymbal to the pad choice menu.

Comment

Working...
            X