Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Something against Dry ATV Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something against Dry ATV Modules

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question.
    Am I missing something or is it that easy: You have a Sound Modul that is good and affordable (xD3) but the sounds are very dry. Couldn`t you just use a Mixer with FX and add Reverb? Or is there more missing that`s not possible to add afterwards?

Thanks!
    Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Yes it's possible and it was recently filmed by a poster here:

Briefly on the topic, I don't believe people are necessarily associating reverb (or late reflections) with wet sounding drums, although it does play a part.

To me, wet drums is having multiple condenser mics; particularly having overheads at parity with the direct mics, and generally additional mics further away from the kit. So that it's maybe more akin to a chorus effect than a reverb?

For purists obviously nothing is substitute for real samples but I would say reverb is perhaps the least artificial (?) post-FX you could use successfully on the ATV modules currently.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Working...
    X