Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland HD-3 hats opening on snare hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland HD-3 hats opening on snare hit?

Hey, all!

I've been playing on a 5+ year old Roland HD-3 as a learner kit for about a year, and recently I've been dealing with a bizarre issue in which I'll have my hats closed/pedal down, but a snare hit will trigger them to "open" regardless of the pedal being down.

This doesn't seem to happen with any of the other pads/cymbals/kick. I've opened the pedal and cleaned the metal tongue contact with a microfiber cloth. I've tested it while watching to ensure that my foot is perfectly still/centered on the pedal.

Opening and closing the pedal will close the hat, but it will start to open again after a few snare hits.

Any ideas?

- Vulture

On a hunch, I tried plugging the hat pedal lead into the kick pedal. Same problem, so pedal hardware isn't the issue.

Went around to the back of the kit. Lo and behold, that pedal and the snare were stowed up the Same channel of the frame.

Pulled them both, moved them apart.

Boom. Hat issue is gone!

All I can think is maybe crosstalk on the cables? Shielding looks good, but I guess we'll see...

- V

Comment

Working...
    X