Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD17 Hi-hat response problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD17 Hi-hat response problem

Hello,

I recently set my TD17KVX up after moving and I have noticed a problem with my hi-hats. I have to really stomp down on the pedal to get them to close. They sound like they are open even when I apply pressure to the pedal unless I am pressing down with an unnecessary amount of force. I've tried doing a factory reset and messing with the calibration in the settings to no avail. The stand is a DW 3000 series if that matters. Any ideas what is going on here? Maybe the controller has gone out? Seems odd as I have had this kit for a year at most.

Thanks.

J

Hi.

Is this a vh10?

Check if there is anything impeding the sensor to go fully down, or if the hihat is really making it. The sensor goes a bit further inside the sensor enclosure. Maybe the hihat is not making it and you probably have to adjust the spinning wheel on the top of the hi hat.

​​​​​You can try to press the sensor with something and feel if there is too much effort.
    ​​​​​​
    You mentioned that you worked with calibration already, but I will ask anyway
    When calibrating, were you able to align the arrows at the bottom in the way that the arrows get solid?

Open the clutch, and leave the cymbal resting on the sensor by its own weight. Then, check the arrows. If the arrows are not aligned (solid) then turn the wheel on the hi hat clutch. Once aligned, tight the clutch holding the hi hat around 2 mm above the sensor fully open.
    Last edited by ronaldobf; 02-16-20, 07:17 PM.
    Ronaldo B.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldobf View Post
      Hi.

Is this a vh10?

Check if there is anything impeding the sensor to go fully down, or if the hihat is really making it. The sensor goes a bit further inside the sensor enclosure. Maybe the hihat is not making it and you probably have to adjust the spinning wheel on the top of the hi hat.

​​​​​You can try to press the sensor with something and feel if there is too much effort.
      ​​​​​​
      You mentioned that you worked with calibration already, but I will ask anyway
      When calibrating, were you able to align the arrows at the bottom in the way that the arrows get solid?

Open the clutch, and leave the cymbal resting on the sensor by its own weight. Then, check the arrows. If the arrows are not aligned (solid) then turn the wheel on the hi hat clutch. Once aligned, tight the clutch holding the hi hat around 2 mm above the sensor fully open.

Ronaldo, thanks for responding! I opened the clutch and adjusted the wheel and it is working perfectly now.

Comment

That's great. Happy that it helped.
        Ronaldo B.

Comment

Working...
        X