Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD17 - Connection options to powered speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD17 - Connection options to powered speaker

Hi- On my TD17 module it has left and right main outputs with the left being mono.

I have a EV ELX 112P powered full range speaker.

Would it be ok to use a 1/4” male to 1/4” male TRS cable
    out of the TD17’s mono output (the left) into a TRS input on one of the 2 inputs on the EV 112P speaker?

Included is a picture of the connections on the EV 112P and a picture of the TD17 main outputs.

Thanks for your help in advance. At this point I just can’t afford to buy the wrong cables
    E kit- Roland TD17 KVX, Axis A Longboard kickdrum pedals X 2, KD 10 kick pads X 2, DW 9000 remote hi hat, Roc n soc Nitro throne
    Acoustic kit- 8 piece Mapex Saturn Silver badge kit, 8,10,12,14,16,22 x 2 w/ 14” Brady Jarrah block snare, Zildjian K dark and Zildjian K Hybrids

F5B5A20E-17DA-4597-BCDF-F7CD0A4B8B42.png
    E kit- Roland TD17 KVX, Axis A Longboard kickdrum pedals X 2, KD 10 kick pads X 2, DW 9000 remote hi hat, Roc n soc Nitro throne
    Acoustic kit- 8 piece Mapex Saturn Silver badge kit, 8,10,12,14,16,22 x 2 w/ 14” Brady Jarrah block snare, Zildjian K dark and Zildjian K Hybrids

Comment

954FDF9A-C3C6-4636-B064-6C51CF355D83.png

Comment

it's a mono speaker - use a mono cable from the mono output of your TD17 into the mono input on the speaker.

ie. TS. ie any old cheapo guitar / instrument cable.

Don't need TRS / stereo - there's no stereo anywhere.

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
          it's a mono speaker - use a mono cable from the mono output of your TD17 into the mono input on the speaker.

ie. TS. ie any old cheapo guitar / instrument cable.

Don't need TRS / stereo - there's no stereo anywhere.
          I get what you are saying- makes sense. I went with TRS balanced patch cables.This is what my “Sales Engineer “ suggested.

He said to hook up both left and right main outputs to the DBX dual 15 band EQ then to the #1and #2 EV powered speaker TRS inputs.

Can I run mono with a TRS balanced cable?

I got (2) 10’ and (2) 5’ of this cable:
          https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-cable-10-foot

Your help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Deadbydawn View Post

I get what you are saying- makes sense. I went with TRS balanced patch cables.This is what my “Sales Engineer “ suggested.

He said to hook up both left and right main outputs to the DBX dual 15 band EQ then to the #1and #2 EV powered speaker TRS inputs.

Can I run mono with a TRS balanced cable?

I got (2) 10’ and (2) 5’ of this cable:
            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-cable-10-foot

Your help is greatly appreciated

Your "sales engineer" is up-selling you to something you don't need. x 2

The outputs on the the TD17 aren't balanced. So pointless using TRS balanced cables.

Your speaker is mono, so pointless wiring your TD17 in stereo.

SO - again - all you need is a single 3/$5 guitar cable.

Your money.

Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Your "sales engineer" is up-selling you to something you don't need. x 2

The outputs on the the TD17 aren't balanced. So pointless using TRS balanced cables.

Your speaker is mono, so pointless wiring your TD17 in stereo.

SO - again - all you need is a single 3/$5 guitar cable.

Your money.
              I totally believe you man. In fact before I dug out the EQ I bought 1 10ft mono cable and planned on getting one more for the short run from the TD17 to the EQ.

I read so much about TRS cables I got flustered. I think you are absolutely right. I plan on getting another short mono and connecting it like you said.

I knew better when the dude told me. I don’t know much about e drums but I have a decent home studio and a pa with amps not powered speakers. I must have lost my mind since then because I had no issues getting the right cables for them. It has been a while but still.

Thanks I appreciate your time/knowledge

Comment

No problems Have fun !

Comment

No problems Have fun !

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X