Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

TD17 - Connection options to powered speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD17 - Connection options to powered speaker

Hi- On my TD17 module it has left and right main outputs with the left being mono.

I have a EV ELX 112P powered full range speaker.

Would it be ok to use a 1/4” male to 1/4” male TRS cable
    out of the TD17’s mono output (the left) into a TRS input on one of the 2 inputs on the EV 112P speaker?

Included is a picture of the connections on the EV 112P and a picture of the TD17 main outputs.

Thanks for your help in advance. At this point I just can’t afford to buy the wrong cables
    E kit- Roland TD17 KVX, Axis A Longboard kickdrum pedals X 2, KD 10 kick pads X 2, DW 9000 remote hi hat, Roc n soc Nitro throne
    Acoustic kit- 8 piece Mapex Saturn Silver badge kit, 8,10,12,14,16,22 x 2 w/ 14” Brady Jarrah block snare, Zildjian K dark and Zildjian K Hybrids

F5B5A20E-17DA-4597-BCDF-F7CD0A4B8B42.png
    E kit- Roland TD17 KVX, Axis A Longboard kickdrum pedals X 2, KD 10 kick pads X 2, DW 9000 remote hi hat, Roc n soc Nitro throne
    Acoustic kit- 8 piece Mapex Saturn Silver badge kit, 8,10,12,14,16,22 x 2 w/ 14” Brady Jarrah block snare, Zildjian K dark and Zildjian K Hybrids

Comment

954FDF9A-C3C6-4636-B064-6C51CF355D83.png

Comment

it's a mono speaker - use a mono cable from the mono output of your TD17 into the mono input on the speaker.

ie. TS. ie any old cheapo guitar / instrument cable.

Don't need TRS / stereo - there's no stereo anywhere.

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
          it's a mono speaker - use a mono cable from the mono output of your TD17 into the mono input on the speaker.

ie. TS. ie any old cheapo guitar / instrument cable.

Don't need TRS / stereo - there's no stereo anywhere.
          I get what you are saying- makes sense. I went with TRS balanced patch cables.This is what my “Sales Engineer “ suggested.

He said to hook up both left and right main outputs to the DBX dual 15 band EQ then to the #1and #2 EV powered speaker TRS inputs.

Can I run mono with a TRS balanced cable?

I got (2) 10’ and (2) 5’ of this cable:
          https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-cable-10-foot

Your help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Deadbydawn View Post

I get what you are saying- makes sense. I went with TRS balanced patch cables.This is what my “Sales Engineer “ suggested.

He said to hook up both left and right main outputs to the DBX dual 15 band EQ then to the #1and #2 EV powered speaker TRS inputs.

Can I run mono with a TRS balanced cable?

I got (2) 10’ and (2) 5’ of this cable:
            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-cable-10-foot

Your help is greatly appreciated

Your "sales engineer" is up-selling you to something you don't need. x 2

The outputs on the the TD17 aren't balanced. So pointless using TRS balanced cables.

Your speaker is mono, so pointless wiring your TD17 in stereo.

SO - again - all you need is a single 3/$5 guitar cable.

Your money.

Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Your "sales engineer" is up-selling you to something you don't need. x 2

The outputs on the the TD17 aren't balanced. So pointless using TRS balanced cables.

Your speaker is mono, so pointless wiring your TD17 in stereo.

SO - again - all you need is a single 3/$5 guitar cable.

Your money.
              I totally believe you man. In fact before I dug out the EQ I bought 1 10ft mono cable and planned on getting one more for the short run from the TD17 to the EQ.

I read so much about TRS cables I got flustered. I think you are absolutely right. I plan on getting another short mono and connecting it like you said.

I knew better when the dude told me. I don’t know much about e drums but I have a decent home studio and a pa with amps not powered speakers. I must have lost my mind since then because I had no issues getting the right cables for them. It has been a while but still.

Thanks I appreciate your time/knowledge

Comment

No problems Have fun !

Comment

No problems Have fun !

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X