Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

what about Hart's Custom BX and Pintech's Mega?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about Hart's Custom BX and Pintech's Mega?

Hi there,
    I searched for information about Hart Dynamics and Pintech. I found out that those were almost (?) equal to Roland's pads with mesh heads in function and feeling. But they are much cheaper, have lifelong guarantee, seem to be builded more solid.

I want to but Hart's Custom B X with I've seen at http://www.musiciansbuy.com/hart_dyn...b_drumsets.htm for about $2090.
    The alternative Kid would be Pintech's CS/Mega-ST for $1950 at http://www.drums.com/pintech/concertcast-kits_1.htm

But I don't know any possibility to test these two systems for myself. So I ask you : Has anyone (especially those guys in Germany, if anyone in Germany has a Hart or a Pintech!!!) checked out the two systems critically and can tell me about it ???

Are there any shops in Europe or elsewhere who have those sets and are good (and where I can test Hart and Pintech on my own) ?
    http://www.hartdynamics.com/products...custom-bxf.jpg
    http://www.hartdynamics.com/products.../custom-bx.jpg
    http://drums.1ie.com/images/mega_kit.jpg

THX

I've owned both Pintech,Hart, and now Roland. Roland is supperior in feel and function. Roland gear is also very sturdy.If your going to go electronic, save your $$$ up and by the Roland gear.

Comment

Can't say anything about Pintech, but I have played the Roland VPro a number of times and currently own a Hart Custom BX. The following comments are my opinions, and should be treated as such. Anyone on this system who repeatedly insists that one brand is better than another non-categorically is doing all of you newbies a disservice...

That said, I, personally, think the Hart pads feel and play just as well as the Rolands, regardless of the cost. I think the Hart Ecymbals feel much better than the Roland cymbal pads. Also, and this is just an opinion as well (but a very good one in this case), I think the Hart hardware crushes the VPro hardware in both ease of use and functionality.

So, I agree with your original assessment that there are non-Roland kits out there that will perform admirably. Hope you get some stick time in on all of the choices, so you can make a very informed, personal decision.

Good luck!

pt

Comment

Sorry I can't help by telling you where to look in Europe, but I do have the Hart "X" pads like on the "BX" (only with a Gibraltar rack)and am extremely well pleased with them. There are plenty of posts here on all the brands if you can find the time to look back through them... also, plenty of satisfied Hart users out there. I use mine with the TD-8 and it performs great... but I would not make the assumption that it would perform exactly the same way with the TD-10 (at least pre-TDW1) because there are plenty of posts that make it clear the two modules are not the same. I'm not saying it wouldn't, you understand... just, I wouldn't know.

Ultimately, as "tucker" indicates the best choice is to be able to do your own testing if possible... and that is of course what you've expressed you want to do provided you can find the equipment to test. Hopefully someone will come through for you and provide that information. I also agree that we don't have to be snobs about our preferences... there have been plenty of pros AND cons expressed on ALL the brands if you look around.

In an interview I saw once with bassist John Entwistle of THE WHO, he was commenting about not really listening to too much music by other artists and compared it to not being able to "really appreciate the smell of someone else's farts quite so much as your own". I think the same principle pretty much applies here too. Comments from others CAN be helpful; but ultimately, you have to try to satisfy yourself... we're all a little different.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you very much so far for replies.

A guy from MusikProduktiv told me that ddrum has a lincensed invention with the result that other brands have problems to import e-drums to Germany. This sucks! Where can I see Hart and Pintech??? Isn't there anything like that in Netherlands or Belgium etc?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cliff:
            [B]I've owned both Pintech,Hart, and now Roland. Roland is supperior in feel and function. Roland gear is also very sturdy.If your going to go electronic, save your $$$ up and by the Roland gear.

Hmmm, couldn't help but notice you've got those superior Roland pads for sale, but keeping the module... what gives? You haven't found something better than the Rolands have you?

Comment

I was going to get a td 8(the td 10 is sold) but have decided to get the entire V Custom set as they will be easier for me to transport. BTW I think the Ddrum and Boom Theory gear is also cool. I just wasn't impressed with the Pintech and Hart gear.

Comment

A guy from MusikProduktiv told me that ddrum has a lincensed invention with the result that other brands have problems to import e-drums to Germany. This sucks! Where can I see Hart and Pintech??? Isn't there anything like that in Netherlands or Belgium etc?
                I don't think this is true. Pintech and Hart simply don't have the retrail/sales networks like other companies have. They have a few shops in the USA, which sell their products and they sell a lot by Internet. (mouth to mouth advertisement)

Unfortunately Hart and Pintech are available in the Netherlands neither. I wish they were...

And if there is one shop who will be able to sell fine and foreign materials it will be Musik Produktiv. They always did and alwaus will, but I think selling some drum pads from the USA to a small public isn't interesting for them (small profits)
                Robert

Comment

I concur

Originally posted by tucker:
                  Can't say anything about Pintech, but I have played the Roland VPro a number of times and currently own a Hart Custom BX. The following comments are my opinions, and should be treated as such. Anyone on this system who repeatedly insists that one brand is better than another non-categorically is doing all of you newbies a disservice...

That said, I, personally, think the Hart pads feel and play just as well as the Rolands, regardless of the cost. I think the Hart Ecymbals feel much better than the Roland cymbal pads. Also, and this is just an opinion as well (but a very good one in this case), I think the Hart hardware crushes the VPro hardware in both ease of use and functionality.

So, I agree with your original assessment that there are non-Roland kits out there that will perform admirably. Hope you get some stick time in on all of the choices, so you can make a very informed, personal decision.

Good luck!

pt

------------------
                  szvook
                  Studio

Comment

Working...
                  X