Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pearl Mimic Pro Velocity Curve Presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Mimic Pro Velocity Curve Presets

Does anyone have a description for each of the Mimic Pro velocity curve presets?
    Triggers > Velo Curve
    • Linear
    • Linear - hot ghost notes
    • Exp 1
    • Exp 2
    • Etc.

Curves are designed to fit your personal dynamic playing style. (or compensate for trigger inefficiencies)

Linear is exactly that; linear response from velocity 0-127.

Hot ghost notes is just a description stating the lower end of the linear curve is increased in volume. (softer dynamics will trigger slightly hotter and usually start above the 0 point) This is usually used to compensate for not only inexperienced players that may not have great low dynamics, but also help with triggers that may not pick up signals well at lower velocities.

Exponential curves can be considered “scoops” or “cuts”. They decrease your curve at specific velocity ranges to compensate for “perceived” increased dynamic inefficiencies. (loud ranges)

(see below)
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I reworded the above for clarity, because I was speaking more from a compression point of view. I found the image below that will visually represent what the different curves change. Of course, with the Mimic, you can create your own, but I wouldn’t go crazy. When creating/editing your own, you want small adjustments. If you’re adjusting massively, you have other (trigger) issues.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I like what you have stated, 'you won't go crazy' on adjusting the curves, unless, indeed your trigger got some issues.

Cheers to these graphs, Alan.
        Last edited by josecarlo1129; 01-28-20, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Fixed it. iPad constantly changes my typing. I’m getting sick of Apple products.
          Alan

Comment

Thank you Alan!
            Where did you find the graphic? Is there any detailed text to go along with it?

I think the Pearl Mimic Pro User Manual should be updated to include descriptions of the built-in velocity curve presets. How do we make that happen?

Comment

I just googled pad velocity curves.

Originally posted by GeorgeL View Post
              Thank you Alan!
              Where did you find the graphic? Is there any detailed text to go along with it?

I think the Pearl Mimic Pro User Manual should be updated to include descriptions of the built-in velocity curve presets. How do we make that happen?
              Why? You can look at the curves and see what they do.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                I just googled pad velocity curves.
                Why? You can look at the curves and see what they do.
                there is even the animation on the curves that clearly shows what is happening with every pad hit.

Comment

Working...
                X