Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland BT-1 Teardown Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland BT-1 Teardown Pics

54F158DD-7E5A-480B-8B82-394F064D4EA9.jpegF0314F9C-740F-4A05-A2EC-BE630FA043E8.jpegCEB85DEB-6052-4FBF-9F63-2ADFCE4DA950.jpeg Yes Hello, first post. Thought that there is bound to be someone like myself who wondered what’s in the BT1, for whatever reason. Looks like the tip of the jack goes to the long piezo strip that faces up to the striking surface , and the ring goes to the underside , with two circular piezos wired in parallel. The connects are made with a small ribbon for the top strip that just slips into the socket and then a traditional socket connector for the down facing piezos.

The chassis is plastic, and the part the piezos are adhered to is metal, as is the other supportive structure.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone or settles some curious tinkerers .

Cool

The "piezo strip" is not a piezo, it's a ribbon switch. It's the same as what's going on in a cymbal or any piezo/switch pad. Simple idea being that if you're using it to stop crosstalk when it's mounted on another drum, the module can ignore the piezo(s) unless the switch is closed, ie. the pad has had a direct hit from a stick.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thank you so much ! That’s extremely helpful. I previously purchased some small flexible piezo guitar pickups on amazon to make DIY triggers that looked very similar , although smaller , and just assumed that’s what it was. It made me wonder why they added two additional elements to the bottom, but wired to a different part of the cable socket, but now it makes perfect sense .
      Last edited by Peisius; 01-20-20, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X