Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

VH-13 Triggering Bow Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-13 Triggering Bow Sounds

Just lately my VH-13MG has started to trigger the bow sounds constantly when I am trying to play the edge on an open hi-hat.

I have changed the offset and re-aligned the cymbals, but I'm just wondering if there is a setting on the TD-50 module that reduces the sensitivity of the bow strike?

Thanks,

Change the cables. They're worn.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Would this be the small pedal cable inside the VH-13 or the two main cables going into the hi-hat?

Just checking, as I tried to remove the silver cable loom from the MDS-25 rack a while back and was a nightmare.

If the cables are fine though, is there any way to adjust the bow sound via head/rim settings in the TD-50 – I swear I used to be able to split them somehow in the TD-30?

Thanks,

Comment

Usually one or both of the main cables. The interior cable usually wears very little.

Just test two other cables. When this happens to me, I just run one separate cable for the bad one.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Took both cables out from the hi-hat and given all the tips + connectors (hi-hat + module ends) a good clean and wiggle – this seems to have fixed it.

I did a quick plug + unplug of the cables originally, but being a bit more thorough seems to have done it – thanks so much!

I will definitely try and replace them at some point too.

Comment

Working...
          X