Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

VH-13 Triggering Bow Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-13 Triggering Bow Sounds

Just lately my VH-13MG has started to trigger the bow sounds constantly when I am trying to play the edge on an open hi-hat.

I have changed the offset and re-aligned the cymbals, but I'm just wondering if there is a setting on the TD-50 module that reduces the sensitivity of the bow strike?

Thanks,

Change the cables. They're worn.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Would this be the small pedal cable inside the VH-13 or the two main cables going into the hi-hat?

Just checking, as I tried to remove the silver cable loom from the MDS-25 rack a while back and was a nightmare.

If the cables are fine though, is there any way to adjust the bow sound via head/rim settings in the TD-50 – I swear I used to be able to split them somehow in the TD-30?

Thanks,

Comment

Usually one or both of the main cables. The interior cable usually wears very little.

Just test two other cables. When this happens to me, I just run one separate cable for the bad one.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Took both cables out from the hi-hat and given all the tips + connectors (hi-hat + module ends) a good clean and wiggle – this seems to have fixed it.

I did a quick plug + unplug of the cables originally, but being a bit more thorough seems to have done it – thanks so much!

I will definitely try and replace them at some point too.

Comment

Working...
          X