Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Question about Roland FD-9 pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Roland FD-9 pedal.

Hey all. Quick question. What sort of sensor did Roland put in the FD-9?! Is it more along the lines of the mechanism in say the VH-10/VH-11 or is it that rubber sensor like previous?! Im going to build a really small little apartment kit for triggering and I previously had an FD-8 and hated it. Very hard to be accurate with it.

FD9 - same as the previous FDx I believe - "switch"/"sensor" under the footplate.

FD8 - yes, that's the runt of the litter - mainly due to the well publicised "rubber" problems
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

for what it’s worth, i had an fd8 for years and grew to hate it. pulled it apart regularly to do the well-known fix. finally replaced it with an fd9 which i’ve been very happy with
      Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9) > Scarlett 6i6 > imac, Superior Drummer 3, Logic // Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100) > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Zendrum EXP > Stompblock / Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As & Sabians & ...

Comment

What are the footswitch compatible with my Roland TM2?
        Is the Roland FS 5U good one?

Comment

Working...
        X