Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Question about Roland FD-9 pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Roland FD-9 pedal.

Hey all. Quick question. What sort of sensor did Roland put in the FD-9?! Is it more along the lines of the mechanism in say the VH-10/VH-11 or is it that rubber sensor like previous?! Im going to build a really small little apartment kit for triggering and I previously had an FD-8 and hated it. Very hard to be accurate with it.

FD9 - same as the previous FDx I believe - "switch"/"sensor" under the footplate.

FD8 - yes, that's the runt of the litter - mainly due to the well publicised "rubber" problems
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

for what it’s worth, i had an fd8 for years and grew to hate it. pulled it apart regularly to do the well-known fix. finally replaced it with an fd9 which i’ve been very happy with
      Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

What are the footswitch compatible with my Roland TM2?
        Is the Roland FS 5U good one?

Comment

Working...
        X