Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-17 User Sample Memory Full!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-17 User Sample Memory Full!

Just wondering why I'm getting this message "User Sample Memory Full" on my TD-17 when I've only used about 40 banks of the 100 allowed for samples?
    I have a 32GB card, but this should have nothing to do with the samples I've loaded so far into the TD-17. Am I missing something here?

Total size of samples in all the banks together is too much.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I agree. Although you have 100 possible slots to upload samples, it's the overall amount of data you upload that limits the number of those that you can actually use.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

TD17 module can import wav files (44.1 kHz\16\24-bit) of up to 295 seconds (mono) or 148 seconds (stereo) from an SD card. The sound are imported inside TD17 memory. Same apply to TD50 there is max memory, once it reach you can't add more, unless you do backup and load backup which take about 1min to load.
        Last edited by Chris K; 07-23-20, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Hi, I have purchased and loaded a backup file containing 12 new kits (edrumkits.com...) with some user sample sounds. These sounds appear in the USER SAMPLE directory. Then I started to load 30 additional kits that I have purchased (drum-tec.com...) with a different method (simply OTHER-LOAD...) but I got the message: "User sample directory full". I understand, that there is no more space for the new kits' samples BUT what I do not understand is why the uploaded 30 kits STILL work with their OWN sound samples despite the fact that I do not see the samples in the directory even if I pull out the sd card. Am I missing something? How is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomi View Post
            Hi, I have purchased and loaded a backup file containing 12 new kits (edrumkits.com...) with some user sample sounds. These sounds appear in the USER SAMPLE directory. Then I started to load 30 additional kits that I have purchased (drum-tec.com...) with a different method (simply OTHER-LOAD...) but I got the message: "User sample directory full". I understand, that there is no more space for the new kits' samples BUT what I do not understand is why the uploaded 30 kits STILL work with their OWN sound samples despite the fact that I do not see the samples in the directory even if I pull out the sd card. Am I missing something? How is this possible?
            The samples load in to the module, they don't play from the SD card. So removing the SD card has no bearing on whether or not a sample plays back. The samples will be located in a User Sample section of the module's memory. There is about 128mb allocated to user samples so it can fill up quickly depending on how long those samples are.

I'm not sure on the exact specifics of what you're talking about though. I use the TD-50 which works similarly but I can't quite visualise what you mean here without being able to see your module.
            Last edited by Pulsc; 12-25-19, 06:04 AM.
            The eDrum Workshop | YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X