Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

EDrumIn, let's talk about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDrumIn, let's talk about it.

Hi everyone, I came back after about 3 years of absence.

I sold my fantastic and beloved DTX900 after almost 5 years and bought the mimic pro.
    I held Mimic for almost 6 months, a lot of satisfaction especially with the silicone pads from Yamaha.

Then I discovered Edrumin, and I fell in love with it. I sold my Mimic Pro (which I still love) and bought two Edrumin.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

I'm surprised no one has even opened a topic on this product yet.

After a month I have it I can make my considerations, (I have SD3, I still have to find the perfect parameters but I am very satisfied):

Triggering is fantastic, much more freedom and much more sensitivity than the Mimic Pro, it manages to make my diy pads play wonderfully, waaaaay much better than the Mimic. It is not to minimize the Mimic, as I repeat it is a product that I love. But I have diy pads, and with the Mimic I couldn't get the results I wanted, with edrumin I can make them sound almost like Roland pads.

He recognizes all the cymbals, now I have both Yamaha and Roland cymbals

I can also have the cymbal chocking with the hi hat. It's useless but it's fun.

It works great with Yamaha silicone pads, I don't have Roland pads but I guess it works great with those too.

I don't use it, but it also has a function to minimize the hotspot.

Cons:
    Quite expensive, 130 euro for 4 inputs, plus customs duties, but trust me that it is absolutely worth it, I bought 2 and for Christmas I will give myself the third one.

As soon as I have a moment I will try to make videos to show you how it works. It is a product that deserves a lot.

I want to clarify that I am not sponsored by anyone and that English is not my first language (thanks google translate)

Has anyone tried it? Opinions?

I have a question, how are you using edruming now and how did you used mimic before? You never posted any single post on mimic before.
    Last edited by Chris K; 11-30-19, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Actually in a totally equal way, with Yamaha pads they both do their job very well. In fact with Mimic I had a great time, but I use sd3, and in retrospect I can't justify 1500/1800 euros just to send midi signals in the pc. Different speech if I had to do live gigs, but that's not my case. I don't play live, I play at home, so I'm not afraid to use a laptop. If I had played live I would have preferred the Mimic.

I find edrumin significantly better for sensitivity and control on the pads, I have more chances to change the parameters, my diy pads sound wonderfully, while with Mimic I couldn't get them to play decently.
      I have to specify that my pads are built with the reflection plate method. Obviously the fault is not of Mimic, as already specified is a module that I love, and if I had the chance I would have kept it. I don't know technically what's going on, but the result was that with Mimic I couldn't get them to play, with edrumin yes.

Comment

So you had problems with your drum module and never asked a single question?
        Well.. ok. =)

If anyone would have any problems with triggering on mimic, you can always use some help from a great mimic community on facebook.
        Can't remember any unfixed issues for past few years.

As a side note, if someone feels good to position/promote the newly released product that way, it's their choice, but it does not look nice for sure )))

Comment

Uhm no, you did not understand me for sure, I never talked about problems on Mimic.

First, I'm a extremely satisfied customer who has purchased this product. I'm not sponsored, of course.

Second, I love Mimic, I don't want to discredit a fantastic product, I had the Mimic for six month and the Edrumin for one month, so I can talk with my experience and I can do a little comparison between them. I have only said that the EDrumIn has a wide dinamic range that I cannot reach with Mimic.
          I'm an advanced user, and I have squeezed the Mimic in every option it has, but I don't know what happens technically in the modules (i'm not a programmer)

Do not always look at evil even where there isn't, I was only reporting my experience for helping the community (and because I didn't see any topic about it), I don't understand your hostility.

Comment

There is no any hostility, do you see smiles in my post?

All I really wanted to say is - if anyone else has any problems with mimic, it's probably worth to ask a community for help.
            Last edited by Mr.Boo; 11-30-19, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Tried it. Love it.
              Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

As I've written before I've been out of this forum for 3 years. You are assuming that I've never talked to anyone, but on Facebook I've contacted them for the problem on the hard drive, and I've written at pearl 2 times, fantastic customer service of course.

BUT

As I stated before I've never had a problem with Mimic, it simply doesn't reach the level I wanted with my diy pad (and, as I've written before aren't the classic cone/mesh pad), I've dialed with every option. It's not a problem of Mimic, it's simply how the modules and the pads are builded.

All I wanted is to talk about edrumin, that for me is a fantastic gear, and I want to see if there was another people who has some experience to share, no intention to discredit the mimic, sorry if I have offended anyone

Comment

so you bought mimic just to use .. midi with pc and sd3? that i think wasted of money.

Comment

I bought the Mimic because it is the only module compatible with Yamaha pads, I sold the dtx900 for a good amount of money and I was researching for a module (didn't know about megadrum) and in my opinion it's the best module in the market, so my choice was pretty obvious.

Now with edrumin I'm very satisfied because I can have the same thing (and a little bit more) that I had with mimic but at fraction of cost.

I use edrumin as substitute for the module, but I think (I'm not sure about this though) it can be used together with a module, it has a midi port.

Didn't regret to buy Mimic anyway, if I could I have kept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
                      There is no any hostility, do you see smiles in my post?

All I really wanted to say is - if anyone else has any problems with mimic, it's probably worth to ask a community for help.
                      Maybe Edrumin is a better solution for him, can't we just accept that without questioning his motives. He did state a couple of times that he loved the Mimic.
                      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Good to hear it is working for you. I am surprised you would not be able to dial in a pad on the Mimic and I am guessing Mr Boo could have got it working perfectly. You can actually draw the curve on the Mimic which I don't think can be done on any other module.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I didn't want to discredit the Mimic, it was my last module, so a comparison was inevitable for me

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                            You can actually draw the curve on the Mimic which I don't think can be done on any other module.
                            Yes, in my opinion if you don't have a pc or you do a live gig the Mimic it's the best.

For me I have found the heaven with this device, and I wanted to share. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaco00 View Post

Yes, in my opinion if you don't have a pc or you do a live gig the Mimic it's the best.

For me I have found the heaven with this device, and I wanted to share. That's it.
                              That's great,but I am curious what the difference is and how the Mimic could do the same thing. It is too bad you didn't try to work with the programmer who is in the thread.
                              Either way,it sounds like a good product although you would need 4 of them to get the same number of inputs as the Mimic I assume? Is there any issue when adding more of them, to one computer? Do you use a USB hub?

Comment

Working...
                              X