Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Spdsx tempo keeps resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spdsx tempo keeps resetting

What am I missing. When I set the tempo for a song, it defaults to 120 when I change kits.

when you're on the Kit you want, you need to Press the "KIT" button and set Kit tempo under that menu. then you're tempo will be set.
    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Also worth remembering is that any changes are only saved on the Spd-Sx when it’s turned off at the on/off switch. Pulling the plug or turning off at the outlet will cause any changes to be lost.

Comment

The kits on the spdsx each have separate tempos. If you know which tempo needs to be designated to which kit, then you do as rowing drummer suggested.
        ​​​​​​
        ​If you, like me, use just few kits for various songs with no predefined tempo, you'll need a master clock, which can be any sequencer with a midi out that sends time code. In my case, I use a drum module (TDxx) so whatever tempo is selected on the module will stay fixed while changing kits on the spdsx.

Note that the spdsx has the metronome down to decimal increments so if the master clock has just whole numbered tempo, the tempo on the 'slave' spdsx could drift +/- in decimal increments.
        Last edited by MilosDrummer; 12-05-19, 05:46 PM.
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
        X