Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

ATV aD-C18 with TD25 - Bow tip sound triggering issue (need playing too loud)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV aD-C18 with TD25 - Bow tip sound triggering issue (need playing too loud)

Hey community,

I have bought the ATV aD-C18 but I'm disappointed about the the bow tip sound triggering with a roland TD25 (sound from SuperiorDrummer3): I must hit "a minimum" loud to get the default bow tip sound triggered (so playing/hitting softly will not trigger the ride).
    On the TD25, for ATV aD-C18 ride, type is set to "CY15R" and "Threshold" is set to "2" (I have also tried with 0 but It's the same, I still have to hit "a minimum" loud to get the bow tip sound triggered).
    Others items like CY12C or CY14C are well triggered with my module TD25 even if I play/hit softly.

Am I alone in this case ?
    Is-it normal ?
    Any tips (for 500€ I'm disappointed for the moment :/) to improve that ?

Regards
    Last edited by aigle; 11-14-19, 03:38 AM.

Originally posted by aigle View Post
    Hey community,

I have bought the ATV aD-C18 but I'm disappointed about the the bow tip sound triggering with a roland TD25 (sound from SuperiorDrummer3): I must hit "a minimum" loud to get the default bow tip sound triggered (so playing/hitting softly will not trigger the ride).
    On the TD25, for ATV aD-C18 ride, type is set to "CY15R" and "Threshold" is set to "2" (I have also tried with 0 but It's the same, I still have to hit "a minimum" loud to get the bow tip sound triggered).
    Others items like CY12C or CY14C are well triggered with my module TD25 even if I play/hit softly.

Am I alone in this case ?
    Is-it normal ?
    Any tips (for 500€ I'm disappointed for the moment :/) to improve that ?

Regards
    Have you tried to increase the gain? My ATV ride triggers perfectly from my Mimic.

Comment

Hey Peter,
      Thank you for your feedback !

I have no gain parameter on the module, but there is the "sensitivity" which is already configured to its maximum, to allow to get a loud sound easier.

But my issue is that the triggering is not enough sensitive, even if a very low thresehold.

If it is very good on your module, so I conclude that my issue may comes from the TD25, maybe it is not the best appropriate for this ride :/

Regards,
      Sylvain

Comment

Hello,

To conclude the topic, I have sent back the ATV ad C18 which is bad with TD25.
        I just bought a new CY15R and fixed the bell with the common bell-fix (shim on top of the sensor to increase its sensitivity), now everything is perfect and I saved 200€

Regards,
        Sylvain

Comment

Working...
        X