Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

ATV aD-C18 with TD25 - Bow tip sound triggering issue (need playing too loud)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV aD-C18 with TD25 - Bow tip sound triggering issue (need playing too loud)

Hey community,

I have bought the ATV aD-C18 but I'm disappointed about the the bow tip sound triggering with a roland TD25 (sound from SuperiorDrummer3): I must hit "a minimum" loud to get the default bow tip sound triggered (so playing/hitting softly will not trigger the ride).
    On the TD25, for ATV aD-C18 ride, type is set to "CY15R" and "Threshold" is set to "2" (I have also tried with 0 but It's the same, I still have to hit "a minimum" loud to get the bow tip sound triggered).
    Others items like CY12C or CY14C are well triggered with my module TD25 even if I play/hit softly.

Am I alone in this case ?
    Is-it normal ?
    Any tips (for 500€ I'm disappointed for the moment :/) to improve that ?

Regards
    Last edited by aigle; 11-14-19, 03:38 AM.

Originally posted by aigle View Post
    Hey community,

I have bought the ATV aD-C18 but I'm disappointed about the the bow tip sound triggering with a roland TD25 (sound from SuperiorDrummer3): I must hit "a minimum" loud to get the default bow tip sound triggered (so playing/hitting softly will not trigger the ride).
    On the TD25, for ATV aD-C18 ride, type is set to "CY15R" and "Threshold" is set to "2" (I have also tried with 0 but It's the same, I still have to hit "a minimum" loud to get the bow tip sound triggered).
    Others items like CY12C or CY14C are well triggered with my module TD25 even if I play/hit softly.

Am I alone in this case ?
    Is-it normal ?
    Any tips (for 500€ I'm disappointed for the moment :/) to improve that ?

Regards
    Have you tried to increase the gain? My ATV ride triggers perfectly from my Mimic.

Comment

Hey Peter,
      Thank you for your feedback !

I have no gain parameter on the module, but there is the "sensitivity" which is already configured to its maximum, to allow to get a loud sound easier.

But my issue is that the triggering is not enough sensitive, even if a very low thresehold.

If it is very good on your module, so I conclude that my issue may comes from the TD25, maybe it is not the best appropriate for this ride :/

Regards,
      Sylvain

Comment

Hello,

To conclude the topic, I have sent back the ATV ad C18 which is bad with TD25.
        I just bought a new CY15R and fixed the bell with the common bell-fix (shim on top of the sensor to increase its sensitivity), now everything is perfect and I saved 200€

Regards,
        Sylvain

Comment

Working...
        X