Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Mimic Pro beep during fast polyphonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro beep during fast polyphonic

Apologies if this has been addressed already but I occasionally keep getting a beep during fast playing using multiple pads and cymbals. It’s only for a split second and then goes away. I’m using my MP with ATV Adrums. I have the latest firmware. Any ideas? Thanks.

Originally posted by jay888bee View Post
    Apologies if this has been addressed already but I occasionally keep getting a beep during fast playing using multiple pads and cymbals. It’s only for a split second and then goes away. I’m using my MP with ATV Adrums. I have the latest firmware. Any ideas? Thanks.
    check your Settings/Sys screen, what does it say at he bottom of the screen?

Comment

look like you bought one from bad ssd batch.
      Last edited by Chris K; 11-07-19, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Chris apparently not. I checked this out when I bought it and Pearl stated the affected units serial numbers began with 46. Mine is 45.

Comment

Ah. Just checked the sys screen. It says to contact Pearl support to replace SSD. I’m in the UK but bought it from Boston in USA. What do you suggest Mr Boo?

Comment

Hi Chris apparently not. I checked this out when I bought it and Pearl stated the affected units serial numbers began with 46. Mine is 45.
            I would not rely on 1 number offset, newer batch\ older ssd don't do these stuff I have mine since almost 3 years.

Comment

Can I send this off to Pearl Europe even though I purchased it in the USA?

Comment

Can I send this off to Pearl Europe even though I purchased it in the USA?
                check this thread
                https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...as-some-issues

PS I'd just contact support directly, especially if you already contacted them before purchase
                Last edited by Mr.Boo; 11-07-19, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Having a bit of a problem here with Pearl support. I rang Pearl Europe and they told me to go through Guitar Centre in the USA where I bought the module. I rang the shop. They spoke to Pearl USA and told Guitar Centre that because I live in the UK, Pearl Europe will handle the return and fix. I’ve contacted Pearl Europe again using their online form so I guess I’ll have to wait until Monday now for a response. I’m little annoyed with Pearl support as I got the salesman to ring them and check the serial number before I purchased the module. They assured me the one I was buying was not part of the dodgy batch.

Comment

Just curious, what causes the Contact Pearl Support to replace SSD notification to appear on the System Settings screen? Does a specific update need to be installed or is it an internal diagnostic that the Mimic software performs? This would be something good to know for those thinking of buying a used or refurbished Mimic.
                    ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

With v1.0.9 installed it detect if bad ssd at setting\sys you see a message bottom right. Most store don't have older batch anymore, edrumcenter, sweetwater, drum tec etc. Have all newer batch. The ssd things is kind of the past.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 11-09-19, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                        With v1.0.9 installed it detect if bad ssd at setting\sys you see a message bottom right. Most store don't have older batch anymore, edrumcenter, sweetwater, drum tec etc. Have all newer batch. The ssd things is kind of the past.
                        Thanks!
                        ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Did you guys have to pay for shipping your Mimic Pro back to Pearl? They are saying I have to pay for postage. I think it’s a bit unfair given it’s their fault!

Comment

Having a bit of a problem here with Pearl support. I rang Pearl Europe and they told me to go through Guitar Centre in the USA where I bought the module. I rang the shop. They spoke to Pearl USA and told Guitar Centre that because I live in the UK, Pearl Europe will handle the return and fix. I’ve contacted Pearl Europe again using their online form so I guess I’ll have to wait until Monday now for a response. I’m little annoyed with Pearl support as I got the salesman to ring them and check the serial number before I purchased the module. They assured me the one I was buying was not part of the dodgy batch.
                            I would not trust Guitar Center to actually call Pearl support. Are you shipping it to the US or Europe?

Comment

Pearl Europe have told me to ship it to them but they are saying I have to pay shipping costs! How can that be fair? It’s their error. It will cost over $100 with insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X