Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Td17 drum module midi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td17 drum module midi?

Sending midi to computer running ezdrummer2. I can just use the modules usb to computer and don’t need to use the midi out correct?
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

correct
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

You are right. MIDI over USB.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I am hijacking this thread since my question is related and I have a similar question.

I've been using the USB to my iMac and it's been working fairly good. But I would like to use my audio interface (Fireface 800) to further reduce the delay. The audio interface has Midi In but when I connect my Roland TD17 through the Midi Out I can't trigger Superior Drummer. It seems like the Roland TD 17 doesn't send Midi through the Midi Out port, which seems crazy to me - but is there any way to make it work?

Comment

Thank you for quick responses
          Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
          Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
          DIY vdrums

Comment

Originally posted by neriksson View Post
            I am hijacking this thread since my question is related and I have a similar question.

I've been using the USB to my iMac and it's been working fairly good. But I would like to use my audio interface (Fireface 800) to further reduce the delay. The audio interface has Midi In but when I connect my Roland TD17 through the Midi Out I can't trigger Superior Drummer. It seems like the Roland TD 17 doesn't send Midi through the Midi Out port, which seems crazy to me - but is there any way to make it work?
            You can still use midi through usb on the td17 and the ff400 for audio without introducing delay. SD3 allows you to choose midi and audio separately. It may even be better. For midi out if you must use it check the manual as it may be that the td17 can’t use usb and midi out at the same time although that doesn’t sound right to me but read the manual (I have a td30). By the way have you selected the midi from the ff80 in SD3?
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post

You can still use midi through usb on the td17 and the ff400 for audio without introducing delay. SD3 allows you to choose midi and audio separately. It may even be better. For midi out if you must use it check the manual as it may be that the td17 can’t use usb and midi out at the same time although that doesn’t sound right to me but read the manual (I have a td30). By the way have you selected the midi from the ff80 in SD3?
              I use the TD17 USB to iMac for both Midi out and Audio out into Logic x (i did but have to wait for Catalina driver from Roland now to work again), midi track with SD3 plugin and an audio track for recording audio. So I can trigger SD3 and record midi, audio or both. I use my UA Arrow thunderbolt 3 audio interface for the audio out to monitors speakers and headphones. I can also send the audio back to the TD17 if I need to, by choosing the TD17 instead of the Arrow as the output audio interface. Works perfect with no lag that I can sense.
              Last edited by Whagi; 11-06-19, 05:57 AM.
              Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Comment

Working...
              X