Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

MIDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI

Okay guys/girls, I'm positive there is imformation on here but at a quick glance I can't see it. I have the Roland TD9 v 2, and I am trying to use the MIDI out to connect to my laptop. I also am using the Roland UM-one usb MIDI interface. I can't seem to even get a signal through my laptop. I am a total dummy with this stuff. I have installed the program that came with the interface, and I have installed the editing program Audicity, do I still need to buy one of those expensive VST's? Should't I at least be able to get a signal?

"I can't seem to even get a signal through my laptop"
    • What's the symptoms? What "signal" are you expecting?
    • What are you trying to achieve?​ Recording your performance? Firing off sounds on the PC by hitting pads on the TD?

Have you:
    • Swapped the cables round at the TD end? (a popular mistake is having the MIDI OUT and IN the wrong way round)
    • Tried using MIDIox to diagnose ( http://www.midiox.com/ )

​​​​​​
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
    X