Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Can anyone here repair a TD11 module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone here repair a TD11 module?

The HH edge circuit doesn’t work. It’s not the HH and it’s not the wiring harness. I took the module apart but didn’t see any loose connections or cracked solder joints.

How did you confirm that it is not the Hi-Hat itself?

The Hi-Hat cymbal, as all cymbals, has a single Piezo and a Switch on the Edge.
    When the Bow is struck, the Piezo is activated (with the Edge Switch open) and is registered as a bow hit.
    When the Edge is struck, the Piezo is activated with the Edge Switch closed, and is registered as an edge hit.

If the switch is not closing reliably, then the Edge hits will be unreliable of non-existent, and will instead be heard as bow hits.
    There is a thread about cleaning dust out of the Switch, which is two sheets of conducting plastic along the cymbal edge.

You should be able to plug any cymbal onto the HH cable or into the HH Trig and test to see if the other cymbal triggers correctly.
    You should be able to plug the HH cymbal onto into any cymbal Trig and test to see if the HH cymbal triggers correctly.

Comment

I replaced the HH cymbal and the problem remained. Then I replaced the wiring harness and the problem remained. Then I plugged the HH into the Crash 2 port, which is an empty port in the side of the module if you want to add a cymbal. I adjusted it to HH, and it works. So everything points to the HH circuit inside the module that is the problem.

Comment

Well I spoke to Roland and they told me to fill out a service request form online. After I did that, about 6 hours later a service guy emailed me and told me to do a factory reset. Not sure why I hadn’t thought of that. So I backed up all my custom kits and did a reset. Problem solved!! I love those Roland guys!

Comment

Working...
        X