Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Hihat controller calibrations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hihat controller calibrations?

module used: TD17; Hihats: Zildjian Gen16, trigger: JMan; controller unknown purchased 5 yesrs ago, similar to PinTech (maybe not as good as Pintech, but for $35 give it a shot....) in which the box is strapped on the stand, with a rod attached to pedal, and gain control knob (see pic).

1. Calibrating open/closed no problem, but the opening between hats is more than what i would like (see pic). is this a limitation of this type controller?.
    2. in general, the hats trigger great and the controller does it's job. But, i noticed , for example, playing 1/8th notes closed hats, then opening/closing on a downbeat or upbeat, no splash is heard. Not sure if this is a module setting or not?

Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

DIY vdrums

Comment

I used the Pintech HHC-RYC Controller in this demo video. I don't think I had the cymbals with a larger than normal gap between them. Foot Chick. Foot Splash worked fine. I started playing the Hi Hat from about 6 min. 30 seconds in
      Last edited by JmanWord; 11-02-19, 10:00 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Steve is using it now with his Stealth CRX Air set:
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

yes Jerry, that's why I'm asking seeing yours before and Steve's. wondering if it's the length of the pull rod.
          DIY vdrums

Comment

Originally posted by ronyd View Post
            yes Jerry, that's why I'm asking seeing yours before and Steve's. wondering if it's the length of the pull rod.
            I don't remember specifically when I set it up. If I remember right I had to adjust the box so that it was under a little tension at rest..... If you set the box up while the Calibration screen is on you can look at the screen and set it so you get the cable in the spot where as soon as you press the pedal the position starts to move.... Also, I don't have one of those anymore. But I'm sure you could send Steve a message and ask him his setup.

Comment

Working...
            X