Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

VH11 hi-hat triggers tom sound when toms are unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH11 hi-hat triggers tom sound when toms are unplugged

Hi,
    I am new to the forum and looking for a bit of help. I have TD-12 drum module I got from my drum instructor. It worked great for a year but in past month I have a problem. When I push hi hat peddle down it triggers tom sounds on top of the normal sound. I have unplugged all toms and other devices. Still same effect. The hi hat plays correctly when I unplug the hi hat control. Thus I can not isolate the problem further. Thus it is either the high hat control or the TD-12 module. I called Roland support but as it is a old product they did not want to offer much help or time. I did get out from them that the TD-12 has been known to have a trigger processor that goes bad which could create this issue. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

This is a strange issue. I would do a factory reset on the TD-12 and see if that fixes the problem. Keep in mind that you will lose and settings, custom kits, Etc. if you do a reset.

Comment

Kent50 I have attempted a factory reset, but it remains the same.

Comment

I had done two factory resets before with no luck but I appear to have solved my own issue but not sure exactly what did it. I also had an issue with the LCD that had some lines on it but were not a bad problem. I found a video where someone took apart the device and cleaned allow the ribbon cable connections. Thus I did the same. Took the device apart and cleaned every ribbon cable connection. There was little to no dust inside but I did wipe down the the board as it was a light film in a few spots. I also replaced the battery which reset the board. Put it all back together. The problem no longer occurs. When I hit the HH control I no longer get a Tom sound. Also the LCD screen now looks much better with no lines. I cross my fingers but I believe that either a cable might not have been seated properly or some oxidation or some dust was cause the problem. Now it works perfect. Thanks for the help and quick response. I let you know if it faults out on me again.

Comment

thanks for posting the solution vPAGv. too often people join, ask for help, then disappear, sharing their problem but no solutions. welcome to the forums
          Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9) > Scarlett 6i6 > imac, Superior Drummer 3, Logic // Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100) > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Zendrum EXP > Stompblock, macbook, SD3 // Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As & Sabians & ...

Comment

Working...
          X