Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland CY12 R/C With Alesis nitro module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland CY12 R/C With Alesis nitro module?

Hi all

Looking to add a dual zone cymbal to my alesis nitro mesh kit and came across the Roland CY12 R/C. Quite fancy it because it has a bell zone and according to the manual there are 2 outputs, one for bell / bow and one for bow / edge. All I really want is a bow and bell trigger so was thinking I could use a y-split cable from the bell / bow output into the 2 extra inputs on my nitro module and assign the sounds accordingly. Would that work?

I have no idea about electronic drum kits whatsoever so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

If you get no joy here, ask there:
    https://www.alesisdrummer.com
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
      If you get no joy here, ask there:
      https://www.alesisdrummer.com
      Will do, just waiting for my acceptance email. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo1981 View Post
        Hi all

Looking to add a dual zone cymbal to my alesis nitro mesh kit and came across the Roland CY12 R/C. Quite fancy it because it has a bell zone and according to the manual there are 2 outputs, one for bell / bow and one for bow / edge. All I really want is a bow and bell trigger so was thinking I could use a y-split cable from the bell / bow output into the 2 extra inputs on my nitro module and assign the sounds accordingly. Would that work?

I have no idea about electronic drum kits whatsoever so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
        When using Alesis (strike) crash cymbal with Roland modules, head and rim are reversed. I assume that the reverse..Roland into Alesis...will have the same results.

Comment

Working...
        X