Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Roland CY12 R/C With Alesis nitro module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland CY12 R/C With Alesis nitro module?

Hi all

Looking to add a dual zone cymbal to my alesis nitro mesh kit and came across the Roland CY12 R/C. Quite fancy it because it has a bell zone and according to the manual there are 2 outputs, one for bell / bow and one for bow / edge. All I really want is a bow and bell trigger so was thinking I could use a y-split cable from the bell / bow output into the 2 extra inputs on my nitro module and assign the sounds accordingly. Would that work?

I have no idea about electronic drum kits whatsoever so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

If you get no joy here, ask there:
    https://www.alesisdrummer.com
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
      If you get no joy here, ask there:
      https://www.alesisdrummer.com
      Will do, just waiting for my acceptance email. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo1981 View Post
        Hi all

Looking to add a dual zone cymbal to my alesis nitro mesh kit and came across the Roland CY12 R/C. Quite fancy it because it has a bell zone and according to the manual there are 2 outputs, one for bell / bow and one for bow / edge. All I really want is a bow and bell trigger so was thinking I could use a y-split cable from the bell / bow output into the 2 extra inputs on my nitro module and assign the sounds accordingly. Would that work?

I have no idea about electronic drum kits whatsoever so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
        When using Alesis (strike) crash cymbal with Roland modules, head and rim are reversed. I assume that the reverse..Roland into Alesis...will have the same results.

Comment

Working...
        X