Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland TD-17 and Roland TM-2 - from an idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-17 and Roland TM-2 - from an idiot

Hello all

Please excuse this question from a complete and utter tech idiot

I have a TD-17 module with the two additional aux ports being used for a 2nd crash cymbal and fourth tom

This module is connected to a Roland PM-10 for sound

I have two spare CY-12 cymbals that I would like to use for splash and china and was hoping that .......

1. Buy Roland TM-2
    2. Connect the Cymbals
    3. Connect the TM-2 to the TD-17 via midi cable

and thats it ....... I can now use the two extra cymbals

Now ...... is the correct or am I missing something - or does someone have a better solution?

Kind regards

Ian

Originally posted by Vdrumshubble View Post
    3. Connect the TM-2 to the TD-17 via midi cable
    the TD-17 does not have a MIDI IN, so this won't work

buy drum splitters and split the 2nd crash cymbal (you will lose choke and dual zone functions) and 4th tom (you will lose rim zone) and choke will not work on the china or splash
    Last edited by winterson; 10-28-19, 01:37 PM.
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

the TD-17 does not have a MIDI IN, so this won't work

buy drum splitters and split the 2nd crash cymbal (you will lose choke and dual zone functions) and 4th tom (you will lose rim zone) and choke will not work on the china or splash

Thanks for this - so now I am confused - it has a Midi Out and the manual says to connect it to a TM-2

What would be the purpose of this then?

Ian

Comment

Deja Vu (how many places have you asked this? )

MIDI is not relevant here as the TD17 has no MIDI in, so you can't use the TD17 to create the sound from external units.

So, going on your TM-2 suggestion, you can connect the cymbals to the TM-2 then mix the TM-2 audio with the TD17.

Thus:

extra pads --> TM-2 --> TM-2 audio out --> audio cable(s) --> TD17 mix in --> TD17 --> cans / PM10 / whatever

Or use an external mixer thus:

pads --> TD17 --> TD17 audio out --> audio cable(s) --> Mixer
        AND
        extra pads --> TM-2 --> TM-2 audio out --> audio cable(s) --> Mixer
        AND
        Mixer --> cans / PM10 / whatever
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
        X