Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland TD-50 USB Driver warning.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roland TD-50 USB Driver warning.

    Hi Folks, long time lurker, first time post here. I Just registered to let everyone know that I have found that Apple's MacOS update "Catalina" is not fully compatible with the current Roland USB Driver for the TD50.

    I use my TD-50 in conjunction with MainStage 3 for live gigs. I send all the Audio and Midi to my Macbook via USB. This allows me to then use mix and match sounds from the TD50 module with those of Superior drummer 3 along with various other samples, loops and backing tracks all using a combination of audio and midi from the module. I then have different patches for different songs. The audio then routes via Dante from the MacBook to our mixer (8 channels of drums, 2 of loops/backing audio/misc samples and 1 for the click).

    Since upgrading to Catalina, my MacBook only appears to 'see' the Audio coming in from the TD-50. In order to receive Midi I have to change the Driver mode in the USB Audio Setup menu of the TD50 to 'Generic'. Obviously this means that it can't then send USB audio as well. I guess that Roland need to update the driver for the new MacOs. I'm in the process of rolling back my Macbook's OS to Mojave until this gets resolved but I figured that some on here might appreciate the heads-up. Keep well.

  • #2
    yep same with my td17 kvx. but new iMac and nothing to roll back to
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

    Comment


    • #3
      Gotta love Apple. They’ve totally screwed the music industry right now. It’s not just TD drivers. They killed a ton of DAW plugins as well. Some studios are shut down right now, unless they find a work-around. Sucks to be on Apple right now, if you’re a working musician.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Comment


      • #4
        I have managed to roll back to Mojave so all is working again, That’s not the point though. Roland haven’t even answered my support queries on this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Whagi, FWIW I’m pretty certain that you can install Mojave on your iMac until this gets fixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Leeber View Post
            Whagi, FWIW I’m pretty certain that you can install Mojave on your iMac until this gets fixed.
            I have so much installed and setup now it would be a big chore. I'll just wait it out
            Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Whagi View Post

              I have so much installed and setup now it would be a big chore. I'll just wait it out
              Sure. I guess I’m luckier than most in that my setup is a relatively simple one. After a little more research I’ve learned that this is down to Apple’s decision to completely drop 32-bit app support. I’m guessing most on here knew this, I didn’t as I’ve returned to the Apple platform relatively recently. Roland has a whole section on their support website devoted to this which includes a list of devices for which drivers are either available or are in testing. Sadly none of their Edrum products are on that list. I hope this is just an oversight by whoever manages the list, and that the relevant drivers are indeed also in development. If not, I fear you might be waiting a long while. Roland still haven’t responded to my support request either. Here’s to hoping it gets resolved pdq.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Leeber View Post

                Sure. I guess I’m luckier than most in that my setup is a relatively simple one. After a little more research I’ve learned that this is down to Apple’s decision to completely drop 32-bit app support. I’m guessing most on here knew this, I didn’t as I’ve returned to the Apple platform relatively recently. Roland has a whole section on their support website devoted to this which includes a list of devices for which drivers are either available or are in testing. Sadly none of their Edrum products are on that list. I hope this is just an oversight by whoever manages the list, and that the relevant drivers are indeed also in development. If not, I fear you might be waiting a long while. Roland still haven’t responded to my support request either. Here’s to hoping it gets resolved pdq.
                Silly if they take too long, Im sure edrums are a big part of their profits

                Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

                Comment

                Working...
                X