Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Roland TD-50 USB Driver warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-50 USB Driver warning.

Hi Folks, long time lurker, first time post here. I Just registered to let everyone know that I have found that Apple's MacOS update "Catalina" is not fully compatible with the current Roland USB Driver for the TD50.

I use my TD-50 in conjunction with MainStage 3 for live gigs. I send all the Audio and Midi to my Macbook via USB. This allows me to then use mix and match sounds from the TD50 module with those of Superior drummer 3 along with various other samples, loops and backing tracks all using a combination of audio and midi from the module. I then have different patches for different songs. The audio then routes via Dante from the MacBook to our mixer (8 channels of drums, 2 of loops/backing audio/misc samples and 1 for the click).

Since upgrading to Catalina, my MacBook only appears to 'see' the Audio coming in from the TD-50. In order to receive Midi I have to change the Driver mode in the USB Audio Setup menu of the TD50 to 'Generic'. Obviously this means that it can't then send USB audio as well. I guess that Roland need to update the driver for the new MacOs. I'm in the process of rolling back my Macbook's OS to Mojave until this gets resolved but I figured that some on here might appreciate the heads-up. Keep well.

yep same with my td17 kvx. but new iMac and nothing to roll back to
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Gotta love Apple. They’ve totally screwed the music industry right now. It’s not just TD drivers. They killed a ton of DAW plugins as well. Some studios are shut down right now, unless they find a work-around. Sucks to be on Apple right now, if you’re a working musician.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I have managed to roll back to Mojave so all is working again, That’s not the point though. Roland haven’t even answered my support queries on this.

Comment

Whagi, FWIW I’m pretty certain that you can install Mojave on your iMac until this gets fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeber View Post
            Whagi, FWIW I’m pretty certain that you can install Mojave on your iMac until this gets fixed.
            I have so much installed and setup now it would be a big chore. I'll just wait it out
            Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB - Universal Audio Arrow audio interface via Thunderbolt 3 - Superior Drummer 3 - Komplete Ultimate 12 - Logic Pro X.

Comment

Originally posted by Whagi View Post

I have so much installed and setup now it would be a big chore. I'll just wait it out
              Sure. I guess I’m luckier than most in that my setup is a relatively simple one. After a little more research I’ve learned that this is down to Apple’s decision to completely drop 32-bit app support. I’m guessing most on here knew this, I didn’t as I’ve returned to the Apple platform relatively recently. Roland has a whole section on their support website devoted to this which includes a list of devices for which drivers are either available or are in testing. Sadly none of their Edrum products are on that list. I hope this is just an oversight by whoever manages the list, and that the relevant drivers are indeed also in development. If not, I fear you might be waiting a long while. Roland still haven’t responded to my support request either. Here’s to hoping it gets resolved pdq.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeber View Post

Sure. I guess I’m luckier than most in that my setup is a relatively simple one. After a little more research I’ve learned that this is down to Apple’s decision to completely drop 32-bit app support. I’m guessing most on here knew this, I didn’t as I’ve returned to the Apple platform relatively recently. Roland has a whole section on their support website devoted to this which includes a list of devices for which drivers are either available or are in testing. Sadly none of their Edrum products are on that list. I hope this is just an oversight by whoever manages the list, and that the relevant drivers are indeed also in development. If not, I fear you might be waiting a long while. Roland still haven’t responded to my support request either. Here’s to hoping it gets resolved pdq.
                Silly if they take too long, Im sure edrums are a big part of their profits

Comment

Working...
                X