Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland TD17 KVX Mac Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD17 KVX Mac Driver

Just bout a new iMac for my music production. It auto updated to Catalina OS! before I received my backup drive and made a backup.

My TD17 via USB "Vendor" is no longer recognised on the Mac, so I'm guessing its a Roland driver issue and needs updated by Roland?

Bit annoying as I have a 2600 iMac, 450 audio interface and 300 Superior Drums 3 software that i can't use together.

Anyone have any idea when this will get sorted by either Apple, Roland?
    Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Most likely not 64bit. Contact Roland.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Looks like Roland are still working on Catalina compatable drivers:

https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...ews/19091015r/

Comment

I contacted Roland a couple of days ago with this message:
        Hi,
        Unfortunately, I updated to Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina before I saw the following article on your website: https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...ews/19091015r/
        Now, I'm not able to use the TD17 kit with my Mac. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do until the official Roland driver compatible with Catalina is released?
        I can't rollback my OS update, but if you have any beta driver for Catalina, I'd be happy to use it and report back any issues I see.

They responded as follows:
        Thanks for contacting us!
        Roland Japan is busy working on updated drivers for the TD-17 that will be compatible with Catalina. We're hoping they are able to release them soon.
        We'll let you know when they have been released.
        Thanks for choosing Roland!
        Kind regards,
        Roland Product Support

Comment

Originally posted by JB7 View Post
          I contacted Roland a couple of days ago with this message:
          Hi,
          Unfortunately, I updated to Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina before I saw the following article on your website: https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...ews/19091015r/
          Now, I'm not able to use the TD17 kit with my Mac. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do until the official Roland driver compatible with Catalina is released?
          I can't rollback my OS update, but if you have any beta driver for Catalina, I'd be happy to use it and report back any issues I see.

They responded as follows:
          Thanks for contacting us!
          Roland Japan is busy working on updated drivers for the TD-17 that will be compatible with Catalina. We're hoping they are able to release them soon.
          We'll let you know when they have been released.
          Thanks for choosing Roland!
          Kind regards,
          Roland Product Support

Great, thanks.
          Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Comment

I wrote Roland another message today to find out if they have an update on the driver release date. Here's what I got back:
            Unfortunately we have not heard from Roland Japan regarding an official release date, however they have told us that all of our current products are under testing and they are hoping to release them soon.

Kind regards,
            Roland Product Support

Comment

“Testing” is good response. I won’t tie a timeframe to that; but the fact they used that word is good.
              Alan
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                “Testing” is good response. I won’t tie a timeframe to that; but the fact they used that word is good.
                Yeah noticed that on their drive page. To be honest its probably a generic USB driver for many of their kits, so they have no option but to get it out ASAP ....be nice to get audio back across my USB connection

Comment

Working...
                X