Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Slaving 2 units together..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaving 2 units together..

Hi folks. Advance apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but it is a technical question, so to the best of my knowledge it goes here. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll delete it.

Long story short: I got asked to do a Rush tribute, and I've never used any electronics in my setup before. A good friend gave me an older Roland SPD-S to use for the show, and I'm trying to wrap my head around it, lol.

So here's the question. In addition to the SPD-S, I also have a cheap Yamaha DD-55 that I use mostly as a home practice pad to keep my hands up. It's a super-entry level unit, but it does have MIDI in and out. Is there a possibility of slaving the Yamaha to the Roland to use as additional pads, assigning sounds from the Roland? If not it's ok, I'm just wondering. Thanks in advance!

Kevin

MIDI out from DD_55 to MIDI in SPD-s, setup MIDI notes to match .. should be able to do it

Comment

Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X