Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

TD-30 Direct Outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30 Direct Outs

I read a post last week about this that I was unaware of. If I use the direct outs of the td-30 to the front of house engineer is it true the sounds will be raw with no effects etc?

it depends on how you setup your direct out

Comment

Originally posted by Beanster View Post
      I read a post last week about this that I was unaware of. If I use the direct outs of the td-30 to the front of house engineer is it true the sounds will be raw with no effects etc?
      It's like sending a channel strip mix version of your instruments. (Instrument & all modeling + Instrument EQ + Instrument Compression) Direct outs do not carry the master effects (or ambient and special effects) that are on your Main 1/2 out. (because the whole kits has to go through the Master EQ & Comp)
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
        it depends on how you setup your direct out

standard setup as suggested in the td 30 direct outs page.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanster View Post

standard setup as suggested in the td 30 direct outs page.

then you need to "disable" the ambience and fx on the directouts

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

then you need to "disable" the ambience and fx on the directouts
            Ambiance and effects do not run on direct outs by default. (only if you purposely route them there)
            Alan
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
            X