Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Use Roland-TD1 as a slave module for Roland-TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Roland-TD1 as a slave module for Roland-TD9

Is that possible? TD9 has a MIDI input, but TD1 doesn't have MIDI output, just USB. I'd like to use the TD1 just like TMC-6, meaning to trigger TD9 sounds via TD1 triggers. How can it be achieved (if possible at all)? USB to MIDI cable or something like that?
    Thanks!

I answered this on FB, Possibility (doubt it though) use a MIDI Host unit. Not sure it'll work though with Roland's MIDI implementation. Best bet is to get an old Roly module off ebay with MIDI out. be cheaper as well.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

For the TD-9, the best way to go is with the eDrumIn device.

Has MIDI out that you can send to your TD9.
      It also lets you use any kind of pad, whether they are from Roland, Yamaha, or DIY.

https://www.audiofront.net/eDrumIn.php
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys. I was hoping to get off cheap, since I already own TD1 and TD9 and I have a few spare pads. Seems like it's not gonna work. MIDI host unit is cheaper than eDrumIn, but how do I know it would actually work?
        Another option is to use TD1 as just another module and connect TD1's Headphones Out to TD9's Mix In, but this way I'm stuck with TD1 sounds for the additional pads.

Comment

Working...
        X