Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Connecting two hats (primary VH-13 and secondary VH-11) to TD-50K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting two hats (primary VH-13 and secondary VH-11) to TD-50K

Dear all,

I bought TD-50 and VH-13 as standalone hi-hat because I found it to have better feel.
    Now I can either sell additional VH-11 or use it.
    My question (or three) might be simple and yet I haven't found any answer on the net. Namely:
    - is it possible to use both hats: primary VH-13 and VH-11 as secondary/right-hand, so they will function properly (open/close, all the zones)?
    - What is the best way to connect them, so they record properly as well? I'm guessing in this case they would be visible in DAW as one hi-hat track?
    - Is it possible to connect them in such a way to be visible in DAW as separate tracks?

Thx in advance for all the feedback!

I don’t own a TD-50 module, but my initial instinct would be that you’d need an additional module to control the VH-11 hats... you could feed both tracks into your DAW, and mix independently, but you’d need to change the CC assignment if you’re intending on layering in any VST samples to the mix.

Anyone here have a setup like this running successfully?
    Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

No set up like this and I doubt it can be done as there is only one HHC and one HH input. However, by assigning a high hat to any drum pad you can use your VH-13 to open and close it and I believe even use the rim as the edge, that I have to test. I assign one HH to the pad and another to the edge with a thicker sound and it works great. you can't ask for a lot more than that in terms of features. You can also stack HH's on toms as you would on your VH-13. They open and close nicely and are pressure sensitive with a VH-13 or in my case an ATV 14" artist series. I am in love with this feature and use it all the time.

Comment

probably won't work, but what if you put a splitter on the HHC input?
        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Thank you guys for responses. Much appreciated. It looks like it's not worth the trouble (or money) to be honest.
          What If I used the vh-13 normally and resign from open/close feature to use some other two-zone cymbal similarly to Howstamychi described?

winterson Do you have maybe an ebay link? It might be worth checking out. I guess they would use the exact same set of samples though.

Comment

drumsplitters.com sells some. like i said i have no idea if this would work, i've never tried it with any module and i've never used a TD-50, i'm just thinking out loud (figuratively)
            Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
            X