Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Tom on Y cable not triggering in specific conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom on Y cable not triggering in specific conditions

I have my first and second tom on a Y splitter cable from the Tom 1 Out. The second tom uses the Tom 1 Rim signal. It works almost perfectly, but it doesn't trigger with some drums when played in quick succession. I estimate when the notes are played about less than a second apart.

To break it down:
    Tom 1 to Tom 1 R (second tom) works fine (I would have thought any problems would be with this combination)
    BD and all cymbals to Tom 1 R work fine.

The problem only occurs when going from Snare, Tom 2, Tom 3, and Aux (4th tom). I've gone through various adjustments on the pad's scan and masking time but none had any effect.

Is this a common problem when using a Y splitter? I reads that there were issues using them but didn't see anybody mention specific issues.

Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

What Module are you using? And what kind of Splitter Cable?

I think it may be due to Crosstalk Suppression, and you may be able to resolve it by moving the Toms on T1 and T1R to a different Crosstalk Group.

If it improves, but then you have other Xtalk issues, you may need to keep the same Xtalk Group but adjust the Xtalk suppression level.

Comment

Originally posted by tkydon View Post
      his signature says TD-9
      purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by tkydon View Post

I think it may be due to Crosstalk Suppression, and you may be able to resolve it by moving the Toms on T1 and T1R to a different Crosstalk Group.

If it improves, but then you have other Xtalk issues, you may need to keep the same Xtalk Group but adjust the Xtalk suppression level.
        Thanks. I'm using a TD-9 and a Y splitter cable with the 100 Kohm resistor. It looks like this kit does not have Crosstalk Group options.

Edit: I see the manual makes one reference to XTALK GROUP:

"Crosstalk Example: If you hit the snare pad and the tom 1 also sounds
        Set the snare and tom 1 to the same XTALK GROUP."

But there is no other information on where this setting is. I've never seen it in the menu.
        Last edited by imagesbykenny; 10-23-19, 11:47 PM.
        Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

Working...
        X