ATV Module With Roland TD25 Cable Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV Module With Roland TD25 Cable Snake

I'm thinking of buying a ATV drum module to use with my TD25-KV set. Looking at the pictures of the modules it appears they both use a 25-pin D connector cable to connect the pads. Does anybody know if these are interchangeable? It would be great if all I had to do to switch between modules is unplug the snake from one and plug it in the other.

Originally posted by clskrockdrummr View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a ATV drum module to use with my TD25-KV set. Looking at the pictures of the modules it appears they both use a 25-pin D connector cable to connect the pads. Does anybody know if these are interchangeable? It would be great if all I had to do to switch between modules is unplug the snake from one and plug it in the other.
    It would be great but the configuration of kit elements would have to be identical in each module. Otherwise your ride on module A would be a snare on module B and so on, or am I completely missing something? Or maybe this is what you mean by interchangeable. Having both modules in any case would be great. Personally I'd buy a few more triggers and create a hybrid kit using elements of both modules. And I apologize for not directly answering your question. Possibly the hybrid kit could be food for thought.
    Last edited by Howstamychi; 09-05-19, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Yep, rol db25 fits in atv. Same signals on same pins. Except atv has hhc ring contact on pin 9.
      I think pin 9 on rol is ground.
      Best, Deve.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I wrote an email to ATV and asked the same question. Scott Hunter replied that he is uncertain of 100% compatibility. He said that if there were any problems it would probably be with the hi-hat...looks like you are right Deve. I guess now I have to decide if I want to run two sets of cables so I could switch between modules like I wanted or just live with one module.

Comment

As the Cable uses D-25 pin connectors, you could go to an electronics or computer shop like Radio Shack and get a D-25 Male to Female Jumper Block and cross wire the pins, or or 25-Pin Serial Adapter and resolder the wires to change the Pin-Out of one to the other...

Comment

Originally posted by tkydon View Post
            As the Cable uses D-25 pin connectors, you could go to an electronics or computer shop like Radio Shack and get a D-25 Male to Female Jumper Block and cross wire the pins, or or 25-Pin Serial Adapter and resolder the wires to change the Pin-Out of one to the other...
            Something like this? It's certainly cheap enough. I would need pin assignments for both modules to do side by side comparison and figure out which pins need cross wired.

marvac.com/products/db25-male-to-female-jumper-patch-box-adapter-with-jumper-wires

Comment

Hi. Yep, ok adapter, but as most wires go straight, a bit overkill.
              However, the atv module has hh ctrl ring on pin 9, the rol cable expects pin 9 to gnd.
              Maybe the atv module has a compatibility function when selecting a rol type hh pedal which grounds pin 9.
              If not, wire the female side of the adapter (where the rol cable goes in) pin 9 to male side pin 11 (gnd), might have to combine that with the straight pin 11 jump wire.
              The atv module should have an internal pull up for sensing the hihat pedal movement (hh ctrl tip on pin 10).

Best, Deve.
              Ps, sort of weird I write this mail about pin 9 and 11 on 9/11...

Comment

Working...
              X