Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare conversion

Good afternoon,
    I bought a 14" snare and a mesh head and I have to mount the head. In the acoustic version the snare has two heads, one on top and one on the bottom. If I change the top head with the mesh, do I need to remove the bottom head?

Thanks

No but you may want to put some foam on it
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      No but you may want to put some foam on it
      Yep. Not required, but foam on the inside of the shell will help reduce some of the residual noise. If you want it to be even quieter, you can put a mesh head on the reso side of the drum and put foam on top of that... For all of my A2E shells, I used Evans SoundOff mesh heads and dropped a SoundOff silencer pad into the shell on top of the reso head - under the triggers... Works great and minimized most of the residual acoustic noise from kit. Also gave me a completely blacked out look from the underside of the drums as a visual bonus...

Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Axis Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

I simplified this a bit with mine. Since I didn't drill a whole for the cable,.I had to come out the bottom, but I still wanted a bottom rim for looks. So I just cut out most of the center of the resonant head and put it on as usual. So there is enough for the rim to mount, a small enough left so that the cable drops out from near the shell, and so little resonant head that it doesn't contribute to the noise. The only issue is that it is less pretty from underneath the drum.
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
            I will use an external trigger so I need no holes. I just want a snare with low noise as possible. So do I need to put a mesh head at the bottom too or I can leave the original bottom head.
            It seems to me that an answer to this question was just written here so it seems that I need a mesh head (and foam too) at the bottom

Thanks

Comment

I am also running into the same questions.
              So far, I got a relatively quiet drum bass (22 inches), but still struggling with the toms and snare.
              I found that a towell resting on the ressonant head was good, but not as I wished. My experience is that I will need to replace the ressoant head by a mesh head and also use a towell/foam.
              Leaving with no ressonant head was a bit louder (impression maybe?).

I cut a piece of interlocking floor foam and used some angle brackets to install the foam as close as possible to the mesh head. No much effect to be honest. Maybe when I put the acoustic foam on the top of it plus the acoustic foam in the bottom part of it, it will be better. My idea is to repalce the ressonant, and fill with acoustic foam. Not sure if I will keep the floor foam though.

Ronaldo B.

Comment

Thank so much!

Comment

Working...
                X