Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2box drumit module performance and recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2box drumit module performance and recording

Hi,

I'm going to buy 2box drumit module. Does anybody have this module and want to share with me thoughts after playing with it ? Does it meet your expectations? Is it possible to record small bits of your playing just to check your timming? Like on Rolands modules.How do you record it on computer also?

Sorry if that's thread is somehow duplication, but i cant find any regarding 2box overall performance.

I'd appreciate your help.
    Michal

you could record onto computer with this : https://www.audacityteam.org/ and also generate rhythm track(s) / metronome..
    for info on 2box you might want to go to 2boxforum (google)
    Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Thanks Ericdrumz for quick answer! And link also.

Are you recording midi or audio using your 2box?

Comment

The 2box doesn't have coaching features like other modules, but it gives you the liberty to load any sound you want, multilayered, not only one shot samples useful only for claps and electronic sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by K3NH View Post
          Thanks Are you recording midi or audio ?
          i only use midi for note numbers, triggering .. never for recording > ever..

Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Walkinded, that is one of the reasons why i decide to buy it. And I think it could be the reason to make decision to finally start recording audio from the brain instead of midi notes(no latency issues?, improved stability, etc.) Because you are able to put vst in to the brain. What is your thoughts about that?

Thanks for your input in conversation.

Comment

Just in case you haven't found it yet ..... there is also a dedicated forum just for 2Box: https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Hi, I know that forum, but i am curious if there are some people who had previously Roland modules and ended on 2box?

Comment

Anyone else who has 2box? Hmmm...

Comment

I have had TD-6, TD-9 Modules in the past, have today couple of MegaDRUM Modules...and also Drumit DI5 and DI3. It works great to record midi. The latency is around 3 ms when using trigger to sound...probably faster when going over midi. It is legacy midi...not usbmidi which makes it a bit more complex to setup...you need a sound card with midi available to be able to record in Logic Pro X. I picked 2box for the freedom with an open system with multilayer sounds when playing live and the fact it is from Sweden! (Like ddrum, toontrack, Addictive Drums...and me!)

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                    X