Drumtec real feel mesh with Roland pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumtec real feel mesh with Roland pads

Good morning, I have three Roland PDX-8 pads and one Roland PDX-12. Can I change the mesh heads of those pads to use the Drumtec real feel heads? Are they compatible with Roland pads?

Thanks

Check with Drum-tec - thought they did Roly compatible stuff.
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 08-19-19, 06:05 AM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I wrote to drum tec but they did not answer yes or not. The mesh should work on the Roland pad.... But I want to be sure
      Did someone here use a drumtec real feel mesh with a Roland pad? I would like to use them on pdx8, pdx. 100 and pdx12
      Thanks

Comment

definately works on all PD Pads (PD100, PD120, PD128 and so on).
        does not work on PDX-6 or PDX-8 pads. (Plastic rim).

PDX-12, I am not sure. Funny that drum tec does not know and does not care to try, not my usual experience with them. Try asking in their Facebook Group.
        Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland Triggers, Roland/Yamaha Cymbals: VH11, CY-12C, CY13R, PCY135, TD17 Module. Triggering AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply.
          Pdx 8 are. Not a problem because I want to change them with pdx100, but I need to know about the pdx12 because I want to use it as floor tom
          As snare I will use an acoustic snare with the Drumtec mesh
          So now my dubt is about pdx12
          Did you personally use the Drumtec mesh on the pdx100?
          Thanks

Comment

Honestly, the real feel heads ar e normale drum heads. If you open the PDX-12 and you see a "normal" drum head, it will work. With the newer PDX-8 the plastic rim is on the mesh head, so it`s difficult.

Me personally, I would not see the Need for real feel mesh heads on the Toms, anyway.and would only Change the head on the PDX-12 once it has to be changed
            Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland Triggers, Roland/Yamaha Cymbals: VH11, CY-12C, CY13R, PCY135, TD17 Module. Triggering AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Thanks
              Does this mean that you are suggesting me to use the Roland mesh on pdx100 toms and on the pdx12 (to use as floor tom) and just use the Drumtec mesh on the acoustic snare?
              Did I understand correctly?
              Thanks so much

Comment

Sorry, did not read your 09:050 Posting before my second answer.

Yes, that`s exactly what I am suggesting. While the drum tec Heads are a Little better than the Roland stuff, Roland Mesh Heads are still very good and the Advantages of the real feel heads in authentic feel and triggering mostly come into Play on the snare, IMHO.

Whcih Triggers will you use on the Snare? It will take time to get the same results with a A2E Snare as with an Roland Pad, unless you go All in.

Comment

Don`t know where you live, but for 200 Euro you get a 13 Inch Snare Pad by Jobeky in a Quality that will be hard to reach DIY Style. That is the route I am going to go now.

Comment

Thanks I really appreciate your help
                    I am from Italy. My intention is to buy a Pearl 14x5,5 and then use a Roland dual trigger. What do you think about this?
                    I found that jobeky ships worldwide but where do they ship from? USA or UK?
                    Regards
                    Last edited by overflow; 08-20-19, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Hi,

UK.
                      To Austria it Costs 200 with shipping, most likely the same to italy.

I used a 14" Snare with the Roland (and 2Box...same Quality in my experience) Triggers and Drumtec Design Mesh Heads. Works, but not the accuracy of a PDX-12 Pad or the ATV 13" Pad that is now available from drum-tec. .

Comment

Thanks,
                        so what you finally suggest as snare? I do not want to use the pdx12 because I want a bigger Tom so 13" or 14.
                        So do you suggest the jobeky snare (13 or 14 inches) or the acoustic solution with the Roland trigger? I am also planning to use superior drummer
                        Sorry if I repeat my questions but because of the different language I want to understand correctly

Regards

Comment

If a pad is ok for you, I would consider the 13 Inch ATV Pad at drumtec.

If Looks are important, and an actual Snare inspires you more thant a pad, Jobeky would sell 13" for About the same Price. 14 Inch a few bucks, you can go crazy and take nice Finishs, even acutal veneer, and still be cheaper thant with Roland. Time to Delivery however is Pretty Long Right now (months, I think). Those are custom made.

If you want to convert a acoustic Snare, I could sell you a 14" drumtec Design Mesh Head in a Jobeky Side Mounted trigger (inside the Shell) Pretty cheap (PN me if you want). By far the cheapest and festest solution to get a decent 14 Inch Snare, considering you already got the drum (if I remember Right), but not quite as accurate on the Ghost Notes around the whole surface as the other Options.

Comment

Iíd stick with the Roland heads on the drums you already have. I canít see there being a great difference putting drum-tec heads on them. I have a drum-tec design series on my snare and it feels similar to the Rolandís. all my Roland pads still have the Roland heads on and are years old. Just seems like a waste of money unless they are broken.
                            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

mkok : thanks. What do you think instead about replacing the pdx12 snare? What is your suggestion?
                              Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X