Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Hi everyone. I need some suggestions for expanding my MDS9 Roland rack. I have the TD25KVX kit. I want to ADD room to my MDS9 for a TM2 module, another cymbal boom arm WITH a CY15R, and I want to ADD on the floor Tom side another trigger pad(I received an extra pad with my kit as a bonus.) Here’s my questions...1) WHAT can I do to add size for my rack so that I may have room to add these items. 2) What kind of clamps would I need to add these extra pipes to my rack...3)Will I need a module mounting plate and clamp for the TM2 module? if so what can you all suggest for mounting the TM2.
    Appreciate any help on this. Thanks to my V Drum family for helping me out.

TM2 comes with a mount plate. Mount it same way as TD25 (or any other module). See the TM-2 manual online.
    You can add tubes and connectors and stuff ad infinitum - it's like scaffolding or tubular Lego.
    Tubes and connectors from all main manufacturers are compatible. My racks are made from Roland, Yamaha, Gibraltar, Dixon etc bits.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

yep, used a couple of different brands 1.5" pipes.. except.. you are going to want black tubes.. there's a company on amazon called
      'goe drums' they have a number of lengths black tubes aftermarket.. .. you can switch tubes around to extend side pipes of your rack..
      and /or with this clamp https://www.gibraltarhardware.com/product/sc-gprex/ and a pipe cutter you can do virtually anything..
      (ps. if you have to use that clamp, it's strong enough for horizontal use too.. but preferably find longer pipe(s) and cut shorter..)
      Last edited by Ericdrumz; 08-18-19, 05:30 AM.
      Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Thanks guys-went with a TD7 module waiting for Gibraltar rack tubes and clamps. Appreciate the your responses.

Comment

Working...
        X