Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mimic Pro & Roland CY-15R miss-triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EssKayKay
    replied
    Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

With the Mimic: For my own crashes, personally I set the Zone Volume higher for my Bow than the Edge. I find that on most crashes in the module the edge is quite a bit louder than the bow. I also change the bow instrument assignment to the same as the edge, but that is just my preference. That way I don't get any unexpected volume drops or peaks. I don't know if your CY-15R is malfunctioning though .... If you have another Roland type CY on a different input that seems to perform the way you expect you could switch the Cy-15R to that cable just to test and verify there is a problem ....
    Last edited by EssKayKay; 08-15-19, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
    I have a Roland CY-15R that I am using as a crash cymbal with my Mimic Pro that periodically miss-triggers (configured as CY-14C) - all other cymbals work fine. It triggers but occasionally the volume is quite low. I have played with the threshold and gain which does help but tends to reduces the dynamics. Now that's probably not a big issue for me since I do not do cymbal swell too often but there are times I only want a softer response.

I assume this is a cymbal not module problem. I have seen mention and YouTube videos addressing CY-15R bell response problems and CY-14C choke problems but not specifically volume/dynamics. Since I am not the most DYI proficient character I am a bit leery about following their directions (i.e., tearing the rubber off) particularly if this may not lead to a fix. Has anyone else experienced this and if so any suggestions, success stories, horror stories, etc.?
    With the Mimic: For my own crashes, personally I set the Zone Volume higher for my Bow than the Edge. I find that on most crashes in the module the edge is quite a bit louder than the bow. I also change the bow instrument assignment to the same as the edge, but that is just my preference. That way I don't get any unexpected volume drops or peaks. I don't know if your CY-15R is malfunctioning though .... If you have another Roland type CY on a different input that seems to perform the way you expect you could switch the Cy-15R to that cable just to test and verify there is a problem ....

Leave a comment:

• EssKayKay
    started a topic Mimic Pro & Roland CY-15R miss-triggers?

Mimic Pro & Roland CY-15R miss-triggers?

I have a Roland CY-15R that I am using as a crash cymbal with my Mimic Pro that periodically miss-triggers (configured as CY-14C) - all other cymbals work fine. It triggers but occasionally the volume is quite low. I have played with the threshold and gain which does help but tends to reduces the dynamics. Now that's probably not a big issue for me since I do not do cymbal swell too often but there are times I only want a softer response.

I assume this is a cymbal not module problem. I have seen mention and YouTube videos addressing CY-15R bell response problems and CY-14C choke problems but not specifically volume/dynamics. Since I am not the most DYI proficient character I am a bit leery about following their directions (i.e., tearing the rubber off) particularly if this may not lead to a fix. Has anyone else experienced this and if so any suggestions, success stories, horror stories, etc.?
    Last edited by EssKayKay; 08-15-19, 12:29 PM.
Working...
X