Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST GENERAL E-DRUMMING OR GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

New Pearl Mimic Pro; set-up questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pearl Mimic Pro; set-up questions

Hey, just got a new Pearl Mimic Pro. Super stoked to try it out, but I have a few quick questions:

(1) Software version is shown as 1.0.8.38, dated 11/05/2018. Does this mean that I have the most up-to-date instrument list uploaded, or do I still have to go to the Pearl site and download those 7 files, etc.? I also see a library supplemental file dated 10/2017 ("Reference Toms") - I would think this would be pre-loaded into a November '18 build, right?

(2) Just playing around, trying to load a DW maple kit. So far, so good on kick and toms, but I see zero DW snares in the list. Seems weird that they would have other drums by them but not a snare - am I missing something?

(3) Finally, besides the official instrument library, are there any "must have" libraries from a third party? I've seen the V Expressions stuff, and the Unofficial Pearl Mimic page (although that lists a pack of "presets," not sure if that is more instruments or just trigger presets?). Anything I'm missing? I'm kind of surprised drum-tec doesn't offer their Live Sound stuff like they do for TD modules.

Thanks for any info - excited to be here!

1.0.8.38, is the factory latest yes. Don't download anything on 7 files these are default backup files, reference and cowbell should be in your module, just see reference toms it's dark blue on toms section, and should have a cowbell in the percussion categories. There is only preset at the moment, until Pearl release new instruments, free\ payware.
    Last edited by Chris K; 08-12-19, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X