Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side mounted triggers with mesh heads

Hi,
    by reading a lot here it seems that side mounted triggers are not so suggested to convert an acustic kit to an electronic ?
    I have a TD17 KVX kit and I am planning to buy an acustic kit to use with the module (internal module sounds or to trigger Superior Drummer)

Should someone clarify this point ? What about if I will decide to buy the Roland side mounted triggers ? I would use mesh heads. Should the use of Roland triggers be a good choice. I red about bar triggers but I'd like to avoid any kind of modifications (holes, glue, etc) to the acustic kit.

Thanks
    Last edited by overflow; 08-06-19, 08:30 AM.

Since the td17 does not have positional sensing side mounting is fine. Many prefer this as you donít get hot spots. The Roland triggers will work but are expensive. Redshot triggers work great as side mounted on toms if you donít need rim sounds. You could do with dual zone for snare so could use the Roland (I think it is dual zone). By the way I am thinking of cheap ways for you since you have a td17 which is at the cheaper end of Roland kits. You still may have to dampen the heads a bit to stop too much bounce which causes false triggers but this depends on the heads you get
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      About false trigger I imagine you can modify the parameters in the pad settings (treshold, cancel time, etc). Is it correct ?

Comment

You can but if you set too high then you lose sensitivity. I would do my best to isolate and dampen to alleviate this rather than rely on those settings.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

My rule of thumb:
          Mesh - centre triggers
          Mylar - side or centre triggers.
          *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I have been using Jmans Stealthdrums side mounted triggers with several different meshes and they trigger perfectly. I have tried others but never had the performance from them as compared to Stealthdrums.com. I stopped trying others because " If it 'aint broke, don't fix it" prevails here!
            Last edited by Jeffo; 08-07-19, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X