Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-50KVX - UNWANTED HI-HAT INTERMITTENT "REVERB" - HELP - QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-50KVX - UNWANTED HI-HAT INTERMITTENT "REVERB" - HELP - QUESTION

I play a TD-50 KVX with a VH-13 hi-hat.

I've had it for a couple of years.

Under "Kit Customize" > "Ambience", I have "Room", "Reverb" and "Enhnc" all turned off.

Yesterday during a gig was the first time that I noticed (on the hi-hat) that when I'm playing hard-hitting 1/8th notes, with an extra hard-hit accent note, occasionally the accented extra hard-hit note plays what could be described as something like:

1. a single "ghost note" on the hi-hat, or

2. reverb on that hard hit hi-hat note, or

3. a single echo hi-hat note

it is intermittent. It's not every time. I haven't been able to get to a point where I can recreate it at will.

Does someone know why this happens and/or how to get it to stop?
    TD-50 KV with KD A-22; TD-12KV; TD-4; and, Acoustic Pearl Masters Series

I know that if I haven't adjusted my vh-11 travel (the clutch height or the clutch adjuster), sometimes I get a 'ghost' open hi-hat sound when hitting the rim while in loose closed position. Never used vh13, don't know how it works, but to me it seems like an adjustment issue. Try checking the hh travel monitor under 'trigger>hh' to see in which position it happens and if you can rid of it with changing the clutch position in any way.
    Last edited by MilosDrummer; 07-15-19, 10:03 PM.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

90% of the time, my woes were related to a bad cable.

Although I use a different module, I've had the exact same issue, when things sound like there's extra reverb added to the sounds.

Mine was on the snare, and strangely enough, it was my headphone cable that was the culprit.

So, swap cables on your inputs to see if it fixes it, and change you monitoring setup to see if it still has weird issues.

I've so often thought it was in the module, and spent countless hours trying to figure it out, when it was in fact a bad ground on a cable.
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
      X