Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland TD 17 Module Sound Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD 17 Module Sound Output

Heyas,

Iíve only had the TD-17 for a few months and mainly use Sennheiser headphones when playing.

When I turn up the master volume while Bluetoothing in music to play along with, around the 1/2-2/3 level the headphones start popping.

1. Is there a way to independently make the incoming volume of music louder, while keeping the drum volume lower ?

2. How can I stop the volume issue / popping ? I had thought about a headphone amp.

Thanks.

I donít know about the td17 but popping is usually when the headphones are at there limit. What model are the headphones as Sennheiser have numerous models.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

yeah.. i blew up a couple of high end sennheisers before i discovered i needed to lower bass eq output on kick (and floortom)
      particularly sennheisers are 'fragile' with bass.. it starts with a little cracking and popping on peaks, and after a year it's 'plop' gone..
      if you do it right you won't hear much difference, but your headphone will.. lower 3-4 dB (or a lot) below 80-100 Hz bass.. (pad EQ td17)
      you can alter mp3 or wav eq -and volume - profile of play along audio .. with this prg.. https://www.audacityteam.org/
      Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Theyíre the HD555, pretty old now.
        Any other headphones with a better range for the Roland modules ?

Comment

well, that figures.. i had 535, 555 and 595.. same open back type .. but i liked the crispyness of the mids/highs
          not many other types have that .. you just need to adjust the audio feed.. it's very personal and there's a whole thread about phones .. in 'products' forum..
          Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

I have the beyerdynamic dt770 and dt1770s . The 770s are great and can take a lot of stick. The 1770s are really the best headphones for edruming I have ever heard and I have quite a few other sets including sennheiser momentum and akg701q. Also owned and loaned grado headphones and my son had decent Sony headphones,
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I just looked up the price of the dt1770.
              For that price, they better be good

Originally posted by mkok View Post
              I have the beyerdynamic dt770 and dt1770s . The 770s are great and can take a lot of stick. The 1770s are really the best headphones for edruming I have ever heard and I have quite a few other sets including sennheiser momentum and akg701q. Also owned and loaned grado headphones and my son had decent Sony headphones,

Comment

Back to your question, I believe the volume knob controls the overall volume while you control the mix with your input device...So if you want more of your mp3, turn it up from your phone while reducing the overall on the module...At least that is my understanding...It would be nice if there was a mixer control but I have not found it if there is...
                Tama Club Jam 4 piece...Remo silent stroke heads...Zildjian low v cymbals...TD-17 module...EZDrummer2 VST...

Comment

The volume on the phone is at max.

Originally posted by 2RedEyes View Post
                  Back to your question, I believe the volume knob controls the overall volume while you control the mix with your input device...So if you want more of your mp3, turn it up from your phone while reducing the overall on the module...At least that is my understanding...It would be nice if there was a mixer control but I have not found it if there is...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCanDance View Post
                    I just looked up the price of the dt1770.
                    For that price, they better be good
                    Lol yes not cheap. I got mine 2nd hand. The sound really is astounding. Even my son who doesnít seem to care noticed how good they are. They really show up the difference between SD3 and Ssd5. You can feel the room and space around the drums on SD3. Playing them is uncanny with these headphones on.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCanDance View Post
                      The volume on the phone is at max.
                      DT1770's are studio level HPs. They are 250ohm. These are intended to be driven by HP amps.

Your HD555's are 120ohm. They too would normally call for secondary power.

What you're looking for is something in the 30ish ohm area. The ideal HPs today for v-drummers are the ATH M50Xs. These are my HPs of choice right now for several reasons... two of which are, they are built like a tank, and won't break the bank. Additionally, they are the studio standard choice for musicians for their well-known resolution, depth, and immersion. Finally, they've been around forever, and will likely not get discontinued any time soon, due to the fact studios all over the world use them. I'd suggest picking up a pair.
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

The dt1770s work fine out of the td30 module with plenty of headroom. They also work great out from my zoom l-20 as well. Canít say what they would be like with the td17.

Comment

On the main drum kit page on the Td 17 theres a mixer levels button (F2) under the screen you can lower your incoming Bluetooth and song levels and guide tracks. I'm having a problem of not enough volume from my headphones out of my Td17 module w /770 beayerdynamics cans.

Comment

Working...
                          X