Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Customizing TD-17 via USB - technical data sheets?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, this would be a great add on for blind users like me.
    I would have no problem getting some cash together for this program.
    I recently picked up the TD 50, and i would greatley be easier to navigate the module.
    As long as i can use it on win 10 pc in explorer, i would check it out.
    I have a yamaha dtxtreme 3, but i finally had to give up on it cuz i did not no where i was at on screen,ect..
    A guy by the name John Mellis, finally created way to hook up the later dtx modules, like the dtx 700, ect, to work for connecting to pc.
    I downloaded the program, and my screenreader, was able to read everything to me, function, what i could change edit, ect..
    But i was not willing to shell out more cash for a dtx 700 module.
    Personally, i would support this idea all the way untill final beta testing.
    The blind and visually impaired would be your greatest customers, for shure.

Comment

(Apologies for not replying before - despite being subscribed to this topic, I'm not receiving emails. I need to investigate that.)

Fantastic! That definitely sounds like a good use of the software (And there'll be no cash involved - this is open source software. Admittedly it's only hobby code, with the obvious caveats, but I'll do what I can.)

Now, I'm awful as an application author (as opposed to other aspects of software engineering) so my user interface skills are terrible - including accessibility. This will be a good opportunity to improve! You may well find that when we first get the application running on your machine, your screen reader doesn't pick much up to start with... or it may all just work out of the box! But before it'll really be usable on a TD-50, I'll need a sample data file. That will basically involve getting you the code, you running it, saving a file and then emailing it to me. In theory, what should happen is:
      • You turn the TD-50 on and connect it to the computer
      • You run the program
      • It detects the TD-50 (there's a log with lots of information about what it finds)
      • A button saying something like "Load from device" will be enabled when it detects the TD-50
      • When you click on that button, it will probably take quite a long time to load all the data - it does it one memory segment at a time, and there are thousands of segments
      • Eventually, a second window will pop up - this would normally be where you'd "explore" the kit, but I haven't put time into the layout yet, as I wouldn't be able to test it
      • There will be a File menu with a "Save" menu item - this is where you can save all the data into a file, and then email it to me
      Currently the code only supports some prereleases of .NET Core - I'll see if I can change things to allow it to work on any version of Windows 10. Watch this space

Comment

Guys, please take this private. I donít think it is wise to test apps publicly. It can put userís machines at risk.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X