Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

MImic pro outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MImic pro outputs

Hi i use my edrums live and have foh engineer i want to use the 6 trs outputs 1 kick 2 snare 3and4 toms stereo 5cymbals 6 hats i know to use balance leads etc but do i set all single instrument auxs out to mono or stereo panned centre? and can i do all of this? currently using 2box drummit 3 and only got 4 outs so limited, i don't like the look of the db25 to much weight in cable for small port i think maybe, im wrong but the snake looks heavy any thoughts

I wouldn't worry about the db25 cable being too heavy. I wouldn't move the module around with the db25 connected, but other than that you'll be fine. If you're concerned about it, just use a clip or velcro tie to help take the weight off. You need a DB25 to do what you're trying to do. 1 and 2 are dedicated Master Outs and can't be changed.

Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

cheers for that i did not know that 1 and 2 dedicated cheers

Comment

You need to use direct box to prevent phantom power if enabled from powered console, that can make sound mimic weak and damage hardware, it send 48 volt to hardware.

Comment

Chris K thanks for that i did not think about that

Comment

Originally posted by dwexotic View Post
            Chris K thanks for that i did not think about that
            Using db25 to xlr for live recommended to use these https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ent-direct-box

Db25 to jack 1\4 no issue.
            Last edited by Chris K; 06-30-19, 02:49 PM.

Comment

DB 25 is fine and durable. They were used in pro studios for decades.

Comment

chris k already got 8 ch di same one to im in new zealand so i have to import most stuff as it aint here yet cheers

Comment

Working...
                X